France, officially the French Republic (French: République française), is a country in Europe that almost every traveller has a relationship with.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Regions
- 3 Cities
- 4 Other Destinations
- 5 Red Light Districts
- 6 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 7 Street Hookers
- 8 Live Sex Cams
- 9 Adult Locations
- 10 Escort Services and Agencies
- 11 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 12 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 13 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 14 Karaoke and KTVs
- 15 Swinger Clubs
- 16 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 17 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 18 Nightclubs and Bars
- 19 Gay and Lesbian
- 20 Other Adult Services
- 21 Dating
- 22 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 23 Sexual Services for Women
- 24 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 25 Stay Safe
- 26 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution in France (the exchange of sexual services for money) was legal until April 2016, but several surrounding activities were illegal like operating a brothel, living off the avails (pimping) and paying for sex with someone under the age of 18 (the age of consent for sex is 15).
The stand-out measure from the bill and the one that has caused the most controversy is the law that will see customers fined if they are caught paying for sex.
By making the clients rather than the prostitutes the guilty party the reform will “turn the current law on its head,” according to French Socialist MP Maud Olivier, who has been the driving force behind the change.
Under the plan, customers will be fined up to €1,500 and up to €3,750 for repeat offenders.
In 2012 it was estimated that about 15,000 – 20,000 women work as prostitutes in France. 90 percent of the prostitutes were from foreign countries.
In 2010, the number of full-time male and female prostitutes was estimated at 20,000 – 30,000, with 80% being foreigners. Sex work in France, like other countries takes many forms. These include street prostitution, escort services, bars and apartment prostitution.
In 1990, the number of foreign prostitutes in France was only at 20 percent. That time the borders to the Eastern Europe were not open yet.
Street prostitution is partly controlled by pimps, while other workers are autonomous prostitutes. In some areas, such as Lyon or the Bois de Boulogne in Paris, sex workers use vans. The most famous prostitution street in Paris, the la Rue Saint-Denis, has been somewhat gentrified in recent years and the prostitutes have been moved further north. Escort services where one hires a woman or man for "entertainment" or companionship, but usually including sex are less common in France, compared to North America.
In bars, women try to induce men to buy expensive drinks along with sexual services. Prices are set by the bar owner, and the money is shared between the owner and the prostitute. Pigalle peepshows are well known for practising such scams. Prostitution in apartments is advertised in adult newspapers and magazines. Swingers' clubs are places where partner-swapping occurs and sometimes paid prostitutes are in attendance, as well as 'amateur' women and couples who get in without paying the flat-rate charge of about 80 to 120 euros that men pay, including food, drink and unlimited sex sessions, with the added twist that these are performed in the open in full view of all the guests.
Today most French men use sex services in neighbouring countries. Example: Saarbrücken in Germany has built an huge sex industry in the town for the French people who just come there from few kilometres away from France. Belgium and Spain are also popular destinations for French guys living near the border. Thanks to EU, which have made border crossing so simple.
France is divided into 22 administrative regions, which themselves can be grouped into seven cultural regions:
| Île-de-France |
The region surrounding the French capital, Paris.
| Northern France (Le Havre, Lille, Normandy)|
A region where the world wars have left many scars.
| Northeastern France (Reims, Strassburg, Champagne-Ardenne, Franche-Comté)|
A region where wider European culture (and especially Germanic culture) has merged with the French, giving rise to interesting results.
| Great West (Nantes, Rennes, Brest)|
An agriculture-based oceanic region with a culture greatly influenced by the ancient Celtic peoples.
| Central France (Dijon, Bourges)|
A largely agricultural and vinicultural region, featuring river valleys, chateaux and historic towns.
| Southwestern France (Bordeaux, Toulouse)|
A region of sea and wine, with nice beaches over the Atlantic Ocean and young high mountains close to Spain.
| Southeastern France (Nice, Lyon, Marseille, Corsica, Montpellier, Saint-Tropez, Cannes)|
The primary tourist region of the country outside of Paris, with a warm climate and azure sea, contrasting with the mountainous French Alps.
Each administrative region is divided into a number of departments. Each department is allocated a 2 digit number. This number forms the first 2 digits of the 5 digit French postcode.
- Mayotte - has voted to become a departement, effective 1 January 2011
- Paris — the "City of Light", romance and the Eiffel Tower.
- Aix-les-Bains — is a french resort town.
- Amiens — is the capital of the northern French region of Picardy.
- Angers — offers the traveller a mixture of an typical French night-life, historically rich street-scapes & great shopping opportunities.
- Antibes — is a city in the French Riviera.
- Annecy — is called touristically the Venice of Savoie.
- Arles — is mainly known for its association with Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh
- Avignon — s one of the major cities of Provence, in Southern France.
- Biarritz — is a famous holiday destination located.
- Bordeaux — city of wine, traditional stone mansions and smart terraces.
- Bourges — gardens, canals and a cathedral listed as a UNESCO heritage site.
- Caen — is a city with a population of 115,000.
- Clermont-Ferrand — is a city in central France, the capital of the Auvergne region.
- Grenoble — is a city of around 158,000 inhabitants.
- Le Mans — is a town in France, best known for its annual 24 h automobile race.
- Lille — a dynamic northern city known for its handsome centre and active cultural life.
- Lyon — France's second city with a history from Roman times to the Resistance.
- Marseille — third French city, big harbor and the heart of the Provence, hosting the European Capital of Culture in 2013.
- Metz — the capital of the Lorraine region and located in the Moselle departement that borders Luxembourg and Germany.
- Nancy — is a moderate-sized city in the Lorraine region of (eastern) France.
- Nantes — the "Greenest City" and according to some the best place to live in [Europe]].
- Orléans — is ocated some 120 km (75 miles) south-west of the French capital Paris.
- Perpignan — is home to about 117 000 people.
- Reims — is perhaps best known for its cathedral, where generations of French kings were crowned.
- Rouen — is the capital of the French region of Upper Normandy and situated on the River Seine, approximately 90 minutes drive northwest (135 km) from the centre of Paris.
- Saint-Étienne — is situated in the Massif Central.
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat — is a commune in the Alpes-Maritimes département of France.
- Soorts-Hossegor — is considered as one of the best surfing places in the world.
- Toulouse — the "Pink City", for its distinctive brick architecture, main city of Occitania.
- Tours — is an important French city located on the river Loire in the Centre-Val de Loire region.
Red Light Districts
Most famous red-light areas in France are located in Paris. They are Pigalle and Bois de Boulogne.
Pigalle is famous for being a tourist district, with many sex shops and strip clubs.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Street walkers in France are usually from Africa or Eastern Europe. Costs of the sexual services on the French streets vary by the city. Paris is probably the most expensive city in France to buy sex.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Cams in France? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. You can choose any girl from our trusted Live Sex Cams! Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free!
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
There are many strip clubs and other adult locations in France.
Escort Services and Agencies
You can usually find local escorts by browsing online advertisement on internet. A french websites that allow escorting ads, will usually have a section called Erotica, where you will find escorts of different quality, levels in the city you are. Pictures are not always real ones but looks like more or less the escort.
Some specific escorting announce websites exists also.
Contact is done usually by mobile telephone call; be aware that most of the escorts don't answer to incoming calls from fixed phone number, text message or hidden caller number. They use your mobile telephone number to guarantee that you are not calling to make jokes. They almost all speaks English and a lot speak Spanish due to their origin.
Prices vary, depending on quality of escort and location. Lower price starts from 100 euro for 30 mins up at her place (usually an hotel room or an apartment) up to 400 euro/hour. Agree with the escort, on the phone, prior to meet her, about the condition like what she accepts to do, and for which price. Regular price include at minimum condom blow-job and condom fuck.
Erotic Massage Parlors
- Avenue Kléber paris 75016
Every major city in France has massage salons which offer extra services such as HJ, BJ or sometimes even full service.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Brothels in France are basically illegal. However there are always some businesses running brothels but not in public.
Strip Clubs and Striptease
You can find several strip clubs from all of the big cities in France.
Karaoke and KTVs
There are no KTVs in France.
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in France, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
There is a good selection of sex stores and adult shops in France.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
There aren't really original Japanese style love hotels in France, but the local working girls know the nearest short-time hotels where you can possibly rent a room for an hour.
Nightclubs and Bars
Nightclubs and bars are everywhere in France. Especially touristic places have very international partying culture where you possibly find open minded local and tourist girls to have sex with.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in France as long as you are connected to internet.
Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) rights in France have been seen as traditionally liberal and some of the most advanced in Europe and worldwide. Although same-sex sexual activity was a capital crime that often resulted in the death penalty during the Ancien Régime, all sodomy laws were decriminalized in 1791 during the French Revolution.
France became the thirteenth country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage in 2013, despite receiving opposition from across the country. France became the first country in the world to declassify transsexualism as a mental illness. France has frequently been named one of the most gay friendly countries in the world. Recent polls have indicated that a majority of the French support same-sex marriage and in 2013, another poll indicated that 77% of the French viewed that homosexuality should be accepted by society, one of the highest in the world.
Up to 15 percent of sex workers in France are men. Most cater to gay men and only a small number of the prostitutes accept women as clients.
A gay male prostitutes charge between $200 to $243 (€150 €180 ) per hour.
Other Adult Services
France has a quite good selection for different kind of other sexual adult services.
Dating in France can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com, for example, lets you meet local members in France and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of features like live chat rooms and member webcams so you know who you are chatting with before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Depends of the city, but usually it's quite easy to find transsexual escorts advertising their services online in different cities in France.
Sexual Services for Women
Up to 15 percent of sex workers in France are men. Most male escorts cater to gay men and only a small number of the prostitutes accept female clients.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
Make sure before booking a hotel that is it OK to bring guests to your room at night time.
See also: Global list of girl friendly hotels
Crime-related emergencies can be reported to the toll-free number 17 or 112 (European emergency telephone number). Law enforcement agencies are the National Police (Police nationale) in urban areas and the Gendarmerie nationale in the countryside, though for minor crimes such as parking and traffic offences some towns and villages also have a municipal police force (Police municipale).
France generally has low crime rates and is one of the safest countries in the world, but large cities are plagued with the usual woes. Violent crime against visitors is very rare, but there is pickpocketing and purse-snatching in tourist hot-spots. If the usual precautions against this are taken, your valuables and you will be safe.
- France, Paris, Nice
- Monaco, Netherlands, Belgium & Spain
- Age of consent France
- French Sex Phrasebook
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Sex worker
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Sex industry, Sex tourism
- Sex vocabulary, Dictionary of Obscure Sexual Terms
- Gay and lesbian travel, Shemale
- Age of consent