China (中国; Zhōngguó), officially known as the People's Republic of China (中华人民共和国 Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó) is a vast country in Asia (about the same size as the United States of America) with the world's largest population.
With coasts on the East China Sea, Korea Bay, Yellow Sea, and South China Sea, in total it borders 14 nations. It borders Afghanistan, Pakistan (through the disputed territory of Kashmir), India, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam to the south; Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan to the west; Russia and Mongolia to the north and North Korea to the east. This number of neighbouring states is equalled only by China's vast neighbour to the north, Russia.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Regions
- 3 Cities
- 4 Prostitution
- 5 Red Light Districts
- 6 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 7 Street Hookers
- 8 Live Sex Cams
- 9 Adult Locations
- 10 Escort Services and Agencies
- 11 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 12 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 13 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 14 Karaoke and KTVs
- 15 Swinger Clubs
- 16 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 17 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 18 Nightclubs and Bars
- 19 Gay and Lesbian
- 20 Other Adult Services
- 21 Dating
- 22 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 23 Sexual Services for Women
- 24 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 25 Stay Safe
- 26 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Officially, prostitution is illegal in mainland China. The government of China has vacillated, however, in its legal treatment of prostitutes themselves, treating them sometimes as criminals and sometimes as behaving with misconduct. Since the reemergence of prostitution in the 1980s, government authorities have responded by first using the legal system, that is, the daily operations of institutions like courts and police. Second, they have relied on police-led campaigns, clearly delineated periods of intense public activity, as a form of social discipline. Despite lobbying by international NGOs and overseas commentators, there is not much support for legalisation of the sex sector by the public, social organizations or the government of the PRC.
Starting in the 1990s and into the 2000s prostitution was a fast growing industry in mainland China. Sex was practiced out in the open. A variety of sexual services could be obtained easily in hotels, karaokes, entertainment centers, dance halls, saunas, bathhouses hairdressers, barbershops, saunas, bathhouses, massage parlors, nightclubs and on the streets. In one survey, 10 percent of sexually-active men admitted having paid for sex with a prostitute. Estimates of the numbers of prostitutes in China range from 3 million according to officials estimates by the government to 10 million by the U.S. State Department to 20 million by one Chinese economist. By one count there around 1 million full-time prostitutes in China and perhaps 8 to 10 million more that sometimes accept money and gifts for sex. Heterosexual sex is the leading cause of AIDS transmission in China, according to the United Nations. 28 percent of all people living with HIV and AIDS in China are women.
However, since 2014 all that has changed. It began wth a crackdown on brothels and saunas in China's sex capital, Dongguan. Many observers assumed that this crackdown would be like many others, and after laying low for a few months, the brothels and saunas would reopen and things would be back to normal. But that never happened. It's been two years since the big crackdown now, and there is no sign that things will ever go back to normal. The crackdown has spread from Dongguan to every city in China large and small. All the old barbershop brothels are closed down permanently. All the old sex saunas are also closed down permanently.
Sexual services are still available in China today, but they are more expensive and harder to find than before.
| Northeast China (Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang)|
dōngběi, "rust belt" cities, vast forests, Russian, Korean, and Japanese influence, and long, snowy winters
| North China (Shandong, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, Henan, Hebei, Beijing, Tianjin)|
The Yellow River Basin area, cradle of China's civilisation and historic heartland
| Northwest China (Shaanxi, Gansu, Ningxia, Qinghai, Xinjiang)|
Site of China's capital for 1000 years, grasslands, deserts, mountains, nomadic people, and Islam
| Southwest China (Tibet, Yunnan, Guangxi, Guizhou)|
The exotic part, minority peoples, spectacular scenery, and backpacker havens
| South-central China (Anhui, Sichuan, Chongqing, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangxi)|
Farming areas, mountains, river gorges, temperate and sub-tropical forests
| Southeast China (Guangdong, Hainan, Fujian)|
Traditional trading centre, manufacturing powerhouse, and ancestral homeland of most overseas Chinese
| East China (Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang)|
The "land of fish and rice" (China's equivalent of the "land of milk and honey"), traditional water towns, and China's new cosmopolitan economic centre
China has many large and famous cities. Below is a top ten list of some of those most important to travellers in mainland China.
- Hong Kong - cosmopolitan city
- Beijing (北京) - the capital and heavily polluted cultural centre
- Guangzhou (广州) - one of the most prosperous and liberal cities in the south, near Hong Kong
- Guilin (桂林) - popular destination for both Chinese and foreign tourists with sensational mountain and river scenery
- Hangzhou (杭州) - famously beautiful city and major centre for the silk industry
- Kunming (昆明) - capital of Yunnan and gateway to a rainbow of ethnic minority areas
- Nanjing (南京) - a renowned historical and cultural city with many historic sites
- Shanghai (上海) - famous for its riverside cityscape, China's largest city is a major commercial center with many shopping opportunities
- Suzhou (苏州) - "Venice of the East," an ancient city famous for canals and gardens just west of Shanghai
- Xi'an (西安) - the oldest city and ancient capital of China, home to ten dynasties including the Han and the Tang, terminus of the ancient Silk Road, and home of the terracotta warriors
- Yangzhou (扬州) - "Epitome of China" with a history of over 2,500 years, Marco Polo served as the city's governor for three years in the late 13th century.
There are more prostitutes in China, than in any other country in the world. See: Number of Prostitutes in the World
- Prostitutes are called "xiaojie" or "xiaomei", which mean "little older sister" or "little younger sister".
- Sometimes Chinese prostitutes refuse to see foreign men. They have seen foreign porn and are under the impression that foreign men are all large down there, and they are afraid. However, there are also many Chinese prostitutes who love foreign men, and appreciate their size.
- If a foreign man is relatively good-looking and looks like he has some money, he might do better just picking up regular girls for free sex in China than bothering with prostitutes. Many Chinese girls are sexually promiscuous and will easily give it up for foreign men, who they believe are exotic and sexy. You can try to pick up girls in shopping centers, pedestrian streets, nightclubs, bars, or even university campuses. Apps like Momo and Tantan also help.
- Today, you can find prostitutes on apps like Wechat. But be careful. The pictures you see are probably not the actual girl. There have been lots of scams operating this way.
- There are still some massage parlors in China where you can get a handjob or other non-intercourse sexual services. One is called the 木桶浴, or wooden tub bath. The customer gets naked in a wooden bath tub, and the girl washes him, followed by a handjob and maybe a breast massage.
- Cheap sex can be found in some of the 城中村 or urban villages in major Chinese cities. These are low cost housing projects where migrant workers from the countryside live. You can often find young, inexpensive prostitutes in these areas at night. But be careful as the hygiene is not very good here, and some of the girls may be under age.
- Border towns in China are notorious for their underground sex industry. There used to be a town on the China Vietnam border home to over 100 Vietnamese prostitutes who charged just 50 RMB for sex.
- Before the saunas closed down, they were a common place for Chinese businessmen to go. A typical Chinese business deal always included a trip to see prostitutes. It was just an accepted part of Chinese culture. But now that sex is less out in the open, most businessmen are resorting to private channels, which are off limits to foreigners unless you have Chinese contacts who introduce you.
Red Light Districts
There aren't many official red-light areas in China but you will definitely find such areas in different cities where prostitution is flourishing (for example Wan Chai in Hong Kong).
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Almost every big city in China has its own areas where to find streetwalkers.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Cams in China? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. You can choose any girl from our trusted Live Sex Cams! Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free!
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
China has huge amount of massage salons and other sexual venues.
Escort Services and Agencies
There are lots of escort agencies in China. In each Chinese big city you have a good selection of different kind of escort services.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Massage salons with extra services are everywhere in China. You can usually spot them by having girls with tiny clothes and possibly two spinning barber poles outside of the venue. Massage parlors are usually considered the same category with barber shops and beauty salons.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
There are thousands and thousands of brothels in China. Most of them are operating as massage salons, beauty spas or barber shops.
Strip Clubs and Striptease
Strip clubs are more western thing but you can still find some of them from big cities. KTVs are more Chinese thing than strip clubs.
Karaoke and KTVs
KTVs are karaoke bars consisting entirely of private rooms. Many of them are fronts for prostitution. Others can be more family-oriented. There is a great selection of KTVs in each (big) city in China.
Definition of a KTV sex club:
- You can go to the KTV club to sing and drink, just like a clean family-oriented KTV.
- The setup is just like a real KTV place except it's much more luxurious, with big private rooms.
- Instead of paying hourly, club is a lot more expensive. It usually means spending a lot of money to the liquor/food, think of "minimum spending".
- If you do not want ladies, no one will bother you, just enjoy the room, sing and drink with your friends.
- If you want ladies, there are mama-san's, who will bring out line up's of women. You can pick any girl you like, they will sing, drink, chat, play games with you, all that for a fee.
- If you like a particular lady, and would like to take them out, it's entirely up to you and the girl, the establishments are not involved, you might or might not have to pay a fee to the establishments.
- Not every girl will "go out" with you, some of them purely earn a living by being your companion, not selling sex. Of course some are prostitutes that will happily "go out" with you.
Swinging is not very popular in China. If there are some swinger clubs, they are usually designed for foreigners. Sure there are also liberal locals who are willing to try different sexual things.
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in China, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
Chinese people usually order sex toys from online shops.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
There are lots of love hotels and short-time hotels all around China.
Nightclubs and Bars
Chinese people like to party. There are good chances to hook up with a Chinese girl at the nightclubs if you have a common language.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in China as long as you are connected to internet.
Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
The existence of homosexuality in China has been well documented since ancient times. According to one study, homosexuality in China was regarded as a normal facet of life in China, prior to the Western impact of 1840 onwards. However, this has been disputed. Many early Chinese emperors are speculated to have had homosexual relationships, accompanied by heterosexual ones. Opposition to homosexuality, according to the study by Hinsch, did not become firmly established in China until the 19th and 20th centuries, through the Westernization efforts of the late Qing Dynasty and early Republic of China. On the other hand, Gulik's influential study argued that the Mongol Yuan dynasty introduced a more ascetic attitude to sexuality in general. It is also argued that the classical Chinese were unable to express homosexuality in a coherent and empathetic manner." Thus, it may remain for further research to determine the question of whether homophobic attitudes in Modern China can be significantly attributed to the entrance of Western attitudes into China, or whether opposition was merely not expressed in a coherent manner. Either way, it is indisputable that homosexual sodomy was banned in the People's Republic of China from at least the twentieth century, until it was legalized in 1997. In 2001, homosexuality was removed from the official list of mental illnesses in China. In China only 21 percent of people agreed that society should accept homosexuality.
Other Adult Services
Some working girls are ready to practice some BDSM action if that's your interest.
Dating in China can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com, for example, lets you meet local members in China and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of features like live chat rooms and member webcams so you know who you are chatting with before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Transsexual escorts are quite easy to find from different internet websites.
Sexual Services for Women
You can find lots of local and foreign men in each big city in China so it's pretty easy to hook up with a man.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
Before booking you can ask the hotel that can you bring guests to your room at night time.
China is a huge country that shows a huge regional difference in crime rates but in general it poses no more risk than most western countries. Although you may hear locals complaining about increasing crime rates, violent crime remains rare. Many tourists will more likely feel safer in China than in their home country.
Chinese cities have very low crime rates. Pickpocketing is a common problem, but violent crime is very low.
According to UNAIDS, 0.5% of Chinese sex workers are infected with HIV. One study reported that 5% of low-cost sex workers were infected. In one part of Yunnan province, the infection rate is estimated to be as high as 7%. The Chinese government has initiated programs to educate sex workers in HIV/AIDS prevention.
Rising HIV/AIDS rates among Chinese's elderly has been partially attributed to the use of sex workers.
- Datong (Anhui)
- Datong (Shanxi)
- Jilin City
- Suzhou (Jiangsu)
- Suzhou (Anhui)
- Wuhu (Henan)
- Wuhu (Anhui)
- Zhangzhou (Fujian)
- Zhangzhou (Guangdong)
China City Abbreviations
- CD - ChengDu
- CP - ChangPing
- CQ - ChongQing
- DG - DongGuan
- GZ - GuangZhou
- SH - ShangHai
- SK - SheKou
- SZ - ShenZhen
- ZH - ZhuHai
- ZMT - ZhangMuTou