Beijing Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Beijing, China.
Beijing (北京 Běijīng) is the capital of the most populous country in the world, the People's Republic of China, and also its second largest city after Shanghai. It was also the seat of the Ming and Qing dynasty emperors until the formation of a republic in 1911. Beijing is the political, educational and cultural centre of the country and as such it is rich in historical sites and important government and cultural institutions.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Beijing Female Escorts
- 3 Districts
- 4 Red Light Districts
- 5 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 6 Street Hookers
- 7 Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
- 8 Pickup Bars
- 9 Karaoke Bars
- 10 Brothels
- 11 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 12 Saunas
- 13 Barbershops (BSS)
- 14 Escort Service & Agencies
- 15 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 16 Transsexual Escorts
- 17 Gay and Lesbian
- 18 Sexual Services for Women
- 19 Male Escorts
- 20 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 21 Sleeping / Paid Sex in Hotels
- 22 Stay Safe
- 23 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
BJ in this content doesn't always mean blow job. It's an abbreviation of Beijing.
Prostitution is illegal in China, and yet it is everywhere. Prostitutes hang about in bars, karaoke halls, massage parlours and hairdressers, and call single men in their hotel rooms at night to offer sex. China is thought to be home to something like one million prostitutes. A high proportion of them are migrant workers who travel from the countryside to big cities like Beijing (BJ) in search of work.
See also: Beijing Escorts
Beijing Female Escorts
Beijing has a total of 14 districts and 2 counties. In 2010, Xuanwu District was merged into Xicheng, and Chongwen District was merged into Dongcheng. WikiSexGuide continues to use the old districts.
Central districts and inner suburbs
The four central districts are located within or just beyond Ring Road Two. This is the location of the old walled city of Beijing and is where you will find most of the sights and also a good deal of sleeping, eating and drinking and entertainment options. The districts are:
| Xicheng District (西城区; Xīchéngqū) |
covering the north western part of the central city area to just beyond ring two in the west and up to ring three to the north. Includes Beihai Park, the Houhai area, Beijing Zoo and National Concert Hall
| Dongcheng District (东城区; Dōngchéngqū) |
covering the north eastern part of the central city area approximately up to ring three to the north and ring two to the east. Includes the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Beijing Central Station
| Xuanwu District (宣武区; Xuānwǔqū) |
covering the south western part of the central city area to just beyond ring two to the west and up to ring two to the south
| Chongwen District (崇文区; Chóngwénqū) |
covering the south eastern part of the central city area to just beyond ring two to the south and up to ring two to the east. Includes the Temple of Heaven
The next four districts are also fairly close to the centre. They are often referred to as the inner suburbs. This is were you will find parts of the Western Hills, universities, Olympic venues, business and embassy areas, entertainment and bars as well as art districts. The districts are:
| Shijingshan District (石景山区; Shíjǐngshānqū) |
covering the area just west of the central city area. Includes parts of the Western Hills
| Haidian District (海淀区; Hǎidiànqū) |
covering the northwest of the main urban area. About half of Haidian district is made up of the Zhongguancun high technology industry and business cluster and Beijing's major concentration of universities. Includes the Summer Palace
| Chaoyang District (朝阳区; Cháoyángqū) |
covering a large area just east (and stretching both north and south) of the central city area stretching from ring two until beyond ring five to the east. Including CBD, the embassy area, Sanlitun, National Stadium (and other Olympic venues), Workers Stadium, Chaoyang Park and Ritan Park
| Fengtai District (丰台区; Fēngtáiqū) |
covering the area south end west of Beijing. Includes Beijing West Railway Station
Rural Beijing and outer suburbs
The remaining ten districts and counties are quite far from the centre.
| Tongzhou District (通州区; Tōngzhōuqū) |
| Northern suburbs (Changping, Shunyi)|
| Western and southern suburbs (Mentougou, Fangshan, Daxing)|
| Rural Beijing (Yanqing, Huairou, Miyun, Pinggu)|
Red Light Districts
Now days there are not any open red light districts in Beijing like the ones in Amsterdam or Hamburg. Dashilan or Bada Hutong was formerly Beijing’s largest red light district in its history. This Chinese capital’s red-light district from the time of the Ming dynasty (1368-1644) until the communists took over in 1949. In its heyday, this warren of lanes housed more than 300 brothels and 700 opium dens. Today, much of the area has been demolished and rebuilt, but still you can feel some color of the old Beijing there.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Prostitutes hang about in bars, karaoke halls, massage parlours and hairdressers, and call single men in their hotel rooms at night to offer sex.
- Single men will often be approached by prostitutes in bars. Sanlitun North Street is full of ‘brothel touts’ calling out to you across the street ‘You like Chinese girl?!’ or ‘Massageee massageee’ or just plain old ‘Fuck, fuck!’. It's a risk go anywhere with the pimps on this street. You might get what you’re looking for, but you might also get beaten and robbed. There are also ‘independent’ prostitutes who hang around in this area. They’ll either take you back to your apartment or give you a blow job through a condom down some dark back alley.
- There are often many women walking around WangFuJing shopping street area in the evening. If you look like the right guy they will come and offer you a girl, usually these girls are in a car. It will pull up and you can choose one to take home.
Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
There are no legal strip clubs in China but that doesn't mean they don't exist. There should be lots of them "underground". Taxi drivers often know right places. Chinese girls are extremely traditional about showing off their bodies.
Strip clubs in Beijing:
- Class Club, 1 Chun Feng Road, Century Plaz.
- Club Cargo, West Gate of Worker's Stadium.
- COCO banana, Gong Ti Xi Lu.
- NHU Lounge, 6 fangyuan Xi Lu, lido park sou.
Most of the pickup locations will have a huge selection of professional and part time working girls. Normally it will be easy to get in contact with the girls there. Just enjoy your drink, than built up some eye contact and if the girl is willing to join you, she will come over and start to chat with you. Price for a overnight will be around RMB 1500,- to RMB 2000,-, a short time date should be charged with around RMB 1000,-.
Best places for pickup girls in Beijing:
- Maggie`s (Beijing most famous Pickup Venue). Area: Chaoyang. Ritan Park (Outer E 2nd Ring Rd). South Gate of Ritan Park. Phone: (86) 10-85628142. Opening Hours: Mo. to Sun. form 8:30 pm to 4 am. They have girls working for the bar, but these girls are not allowed to date any guest out of working time and also not allowed to go home with anyone, so better avoid to waste your budget here. Later (around midnight), a lot of working girls will show up here. A lot of girls will be from Mongolia, but you also have a chance to pick up a nice Chinese or Malaysian Girl. Price range is around RMB 1000,- for a short time fun and around RMB 1500,- for a overnight session.
- Chocolate Night Club (Beijing Hot Girls Pickup Club). Chaoyang district. Northwest corner of Ritan Park. 19 Ritan Bei Lu. 日坛北路19号. Phone: (86) 10-5613988. Open from 11 am to 3 pm. http://www.club-chocolate.ru/ Chocolate is a very posh russian owned nightclub in Beijing. The working girls here are not so pushy like in other clubs, so don`t expect them to start a chat with you. You have to start talking for yourself! Chinese girls will ask for around RMB 1500,- for a short time fun, Russian or African girls will ask for around 1000,- for a short time. Long time stay should be charged with around RMB 1500,- up to RMB 2500,-, Russian and African girls will also ask for RMB 500,- to RMB 1000,- less.
- Pig and Thistle English Pub (Beijing Pickup Bar). Area: Chaoyang. (Outer NE 4th Ring Rd). No. 6 Jiang Tai Lu, Metro Park Lido Hotel, First Floor. Phone: (86) 10-64376688. Opening Hours: Daily 5 pm to 2 am. The Pig and Thistle (formally know as Pig`n Whistle) is located in the Lido Hotel and in this area you also find other coffee and entertainment places. The Pig is a good place to start the night. Chinese working girls will start to show up around 6 pm, later at 9 to 10 pm also Russian and Mongolian working girls will come to find some customers. They close 2 pm, so starting from 12 pm the girls will move to other places (like Maggie's for example), so don`t wait to long to make your selection.
- Xiu Pickup Bar in Beijing (Park Hyatt Bar). 2 Jian Guo Men Wai Da Jie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022. Opening time 6 pm to 2 am, (Fr. Sat. to 3 am). Level 6, Park Life, Beijing Yintai Centre. Phone: (86) 10- 85671108. Xiu is a good place to pick up different kind of girls. In Maggie`s or Club Cocolate you only will find working girls, but in Xiu you also have a chance to find a part time working girl or even a nice chinese girl only curious to have some fun with a western guy. But be careful, not every girl here is willing to spend time with you for money, so best way doublecheck, before you go into negotiation process. The Bar is located in the rooftop and also provide outdoor terraces surrounded by neon lit with a great view. Every day from 9.30 PM to 1:30 am they also will provide live musik. You also can get some delicious snacks there. Warning: There will also be Ladyboys there, so if you don`t like, better check if they have a third leg before you take a Thai girl out.
Karaoke bars are often full of women who’ll sit and chat to you for a fee. Some of them will also accompany you to bed. If the karaoke bar is in a hotel then you’ll be expected to retire to one of the hotel’s rooms, if not then you take her back to your hotel or apartment.
There are two kinds of KTVs you can find in Bejing and China:
- Some only provide rooms with music, screen and so on (for example the famous brand Hao Le Di)
- Another style are the KTVs, where you also "book" KTV Girls for entertainment while you are "singing" in the room.
What will happen in a Beijing KTV
Normally when you enter a KTV, you will see countless pretty girls. You first will book a room for you and your friends (KTV is not a entertainment only for one, so better go there with some friends).
Tip: Best time to go to a KTV is around 8 pm. If you are too late, they will have less selection of girls.
The big KTVs will provide rooms for small groups (2 to 3 guys), up to big rooms for 30 and more people.
After you booked the room, there will show up a "mamasan" that can provide the girls you need. She will built up a line with girls (5 to 10) for you now. If you like them, you can pick out one or two, if not, just tell her and she will built up a new girls line for you. Don`t be afraid, they will nearly never running out of girl, so here you can be picky and ask for more and more selection.
Tip: if you like to take out the girl, better tell it in advanced, because not all the girls will go home with their customers later.
Than you will be asked for order drinks. Most KTV serve bottles for a reasonable price, so don`t be afraid about beeing cheated here (exept you are in a illegal KTV, here they will cheat you with drinks).
Now it is up to you to spend a hot evening with your friends and the girls.
There will not happen a lot in the KTV, because first it`s a legal business, second most rooms will have windows, so everyone can see what happen inside, if he pass by. Also waiter and so on will come in from time to time. Sometimes, if you have a good party and the girls get drunken, you will get some strip show or contest of the girls, but don`t expect too much. Normally, if the athmosphere is ok, you will have a chance for kissing or touching, but not much more.
But if you like the girl and the girl like you, than you will have a good chance to take out the girl. KTV normally will closed from around midnight to 2 pm, than for some extra tip, you can go to your hotel with your girl together.
Tip: Most of the girls in a KTV are not "professionals", so you have a chance for a great girlfriend experience. They search for a potential lover or husband there (even it will be only a dream), so if you tell them, you stay more time in Beijing and you don`t have family, you have a much better chance to get real fun.
Rates of Beijing KTVs
If you calculate your budget for a KTV night, you have to check out different rates.
There will be a room fee for rent the KTV-Location. Most time it is combined with some mimimum spend out for drinks. The room fee related to the size and enviroment, so if you share it with some guys, it will be ok, if you pay it for ony one person, it`s not cheap. Beijing KTVs will charge around RMB 600,- up to RMB 1500,- for a average room.
Then you have to pay a hostess fee for every girl stay the evening with you in the KTV-Room. Most Beijing KTVs will charge between RMB 200,- up to RMB 500,- for a high class girl in a high class KTV.
Most time the girls will be arranged by a "Mamasan". This woman (normally they worked as a KTV-Girl before, now getting older and only coordinate the Girls. For your mamasan you should calculate between RMB 300,- up to RMB 500,- for a high class KTV. (This fee hast to be paid one time, not for every girl or every customer)
Also the Waiter and the DJ (the girl that controls the karaoke computer) will be charged with some extra fee. For that you should calculate around RMB 100,- up to RMB 200,- in a expensive location.
If you want to go out with your girl, you have to clear that deal with the girl directly (even she has to pay some comission to her "mamasan". For a short time, you should calculate around RMB 800,- up to RMB 2500,- for a very hot and beautiful girl in a uperclass beijing KTV. If you like to stay overnight with the girl, she will agree with around RMB 1000,- up to to RMB 4000,- in a high class beijing KTV.
So all together a evening with some friends in a KTV with some friends together and including everything, you can have a good girl friend experience for around RMB 2000,- up to RMB 5000,-. You have to spend much more than for a escort massage girl, but you also will have some advantage:
First you can select the girl from a huge selection. Second the girl will not be a professional and offer a much more girlfriend-like experience. Third the girl will have built up a "relationship" already, before you go out, also she will be drunken that time, so the night should be much more hot and horny.
Brothels are often disguised as hair salons (check out Barbershops below) or operate out of working hair salons. They are common sights in cities and towns of all sizes and operate for the most part without any interference.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Check out WikiSexGuide Adult Classifieds!
All over the city in Beijing, you will find small massage parlor shops. Normally there is at least a happy Ending with HJ in normal rate included, most of them also offer additional service, for some extra "tip" for the girl. At one end you have also the hairdresser / massage / hand job shops which can be found just within the entrance of many a Beijing hutong. Actual sex is not usually on the menu at these places, but hand over your 100-200Y and you’ll get a cursory massage followed by a hand job, sometimes a blowjob. The precise technique varies with some establishments using massage oils or alternate hot and cold water.
The Chinese language doesn’t distinguish between masturbation and hand jobs, so to ask for a handjob you basically have to say ‘wank’, which is ‘dă fēijī – 打飞机’ – literally ‘beat aeroplanes’. However, it’s not usually necessary to ask. The other, politer way to ask for a hand job is ‘tuīyóu – 推油’, literally to ‘push oil’, which refers to a specific kind of massage which is generally understood to include a hand job. Your masseuse might well appreciate your using this politer phraseology.
Here are few places to find Massage Parlors in Beijing:
- http://www.pearl-beijing.com/ PEARL Beijing® Voted No.1 Massage for the 5th year! Phone: +86 135-5269-2743.
- http://www.massagebeijing.net/ offer out call foot and body massage to your hotel, Phone:(+86) 139 1159 0198 (English Speaking), It's better to call early for booking.
- The cheapest Massage Parlors are to go to Wangjing, inside compounds. Most of buildings have one or several massage parlors, with standard rates and services (160 RMB for 90 minutes, including hand-job). Once upon a time you may stumble on a girl willing to do more (DFK, removing clothes, even once blow-job).
- Vera massage, in Guomao. They provide both incall and outcall, and offer full service. They have only one room (so-called VIP) for FS, so better to book in advance. http://www.bjvera.com/
- Not far away from Shuangjing / Guomao, there is a foot massage place offering HJ for 300, Breast job for 400. In the same area, the Kingfisher Spa (3rd floor) offer some silk stocking massage if you're into this, can be finished by an HJ (200 for the HJ).
- Near Chaoyang Park / Sheraton, a whole building include several massage parlors, all of them providing HJ. Massage itself is at 200 for one hour. Last year the 602 included the hand-job in this price, not sure if it's still true. Otherwise, negotiate at 100 for HJ. There is an advertisement for the Grand Hyatt in the entrance, and most of MP are on 4/5/6 floor, just take the elevator and walk in the corridors, girls will propose you.
Remember that you are in China, and that since you are the one paying, you can demand more. If the girl in a MP or a Sauna doesn't please you, refuse her and ask for a new one (if you don't speak Chinese, just use the universal signs for no – she will understand, the mama too, and you will get an other one). Many westerners feels uncomfortable refusing a girl (afraid of hurting her feeling and so on) , so many mamasan first sends their fuglies before showing you the good stuff. Just don't hesitate, you pay, you are entitled to get the best.
Most of girls in MP will give you their phone number if asked after the session and offer FS outcall. If the session was good, you can be pretty sure that the full service will be worth it (better anyway than the rushed service you get from many outcall specialists)
Compared to all other cities in mainland, Beijing saunas are probably the most expensive and the ones providing the poorest service (nothing that can compare with Shanghai or Southern cities). Yanjiao has already been mentioned a few time here and is probably the best option for full service, as long as you have the time to go there.
UPDATE: In Beijing the police is very strict to close any kind of hot public places very fast, so you might not be able to find full service sauna in Beijing now.
- Lotus Club - Beijing Girls Sauna, phone：(0086) 18210822484. Just show the following adress to the taxy driver: 莲花会所（东直门） 东直门桥往东第一个红绿灯往南新中街1000米. Sexy chinese girls. RMB 498,- for 60 minutes. RMB 798,- for 90 minutes (including cosplay uniform). RMB 998,- for 120 minutes (including cosplay uniform).
- Silk Stocking Clubhouse - Beijing Girls Sauna, Reservation: (86) 18801348168. Just show the following adress to the taxi driver: 雅轩丝足（太阳宫） 朝阳区太阳宫北街. Sexy Chinese girls. Service Range start with RMB 400,- up to RMB 1400,- for the emperior package.
- Health Pavilion - Beijing Sauna Club with Girls, Reservation: (86) 13581783186. Location: 伊露岛高级丝足养生馆 市西三环 六里桥北里 莲馨园东路. Sexy Chinese girls. Service range start with RMB 398,- 60 minutes hot high heels and stocking service to RMB 1198,- 120 minutes role play, oil and stocking service.
- Xiao Huang Private Club - Beijing Sauna, Mobile Phone: (86) 13041100493. Phone: (86) 10-84472775. Address: 北京潇皇私人会所 (Běi jīng xiāo huáng sī rén huì suǒ). Service range start with RMB 598,- 60 minutes special massage to RMB 1398,- 120 minutes special massage, two girls.
- Moonlight Clubhouse - Beijing Sauna Girls Club, Mobile Phone 1: (86) 13161316452. Mobile Phone 2: (86) 13161316341. Address: 北京月色丝足会所 (Běi jīng yuè sè sī zú huì suǒ). 北京市丰台区南四环四号 (Běi jīng shì fēng tái qū nán sì huán sì hào). 线地铁公益西桥站B出口(名都佳苑小区). Service range start with RMB 299,- for 45 minutes special oil massage to RMB 1299,- for 140 minutes special service with roleplay. They also offer all kinds of SM entertainment: RMB 799,- for 45 minutes SM slave service and RMB 1099,- for 60 minutes SM master service.
- There is one on Chunxiu Lu, difficult to miss. Entry is around 138, service (BJ, FJ) is 1200. Facilities are great. Girls are generally pretty, no line-up.
- Near Guomao, you can find another sauna offering full service, negotiable at 1200. Facilities are not so good, line-up offered. The first line-up is not so good, rather ask for a second one. For the emplacement itself, don't go in the fancy Jingliang building where SPA is announced, it's a legit one. Go a little southwest, look for the indication of the Royal Waterworld SPA and you should have your fun.
- Near Sanyuanqiao, you can try the Longzu club. Facilities are so-so. They offer a quite special massage (body-body style followed by HJ) for 400 – managed once to go in DATY, however some girls are willing to give their phone number.
- In Wangjing, you can also get a FS for 600. Fancy building, but facilities and service not especially good.
All around China you will find the pink lighted barbershops (BBS). Also Beijing has a lot, but you will not find them on the main street, because this kind of shops will not provide hair cut, but some special service. When you pass by, you will see some attractive girls (most time in sexy dresses) sitting around, but never anyone will be busy with haircut. Traditional they have also pink light in the shop, but now a lot of them changed to normal light to hide their kind of service a little bit. Easy to find anywhere in BJ (Beijing) by walking the small streets near big avenues after 11 pm. Lots of those shops are real BBS during the day and only become special at night.
What will happen in a Beijing Barbershop?
When you go inside, they first will force you to select a girl. Most time, there will be a "Mamasan" boss who will introduce you to the girl. You should also negotiate the price now, otherwise they will try to cheat you later. (If you don`t speak Chinese, the barbershop experience will not be easy for you, because you will not find a mamasan or a girl can speak english there, because most of the girls are from countryside and not so well educated). After you selected your girl, they will guide you to a separate room, normally equipped with a massage table. When you are alone with you, she will start massage you a little bit (with definitely no skills), than very fast she will start to massage you at a special area, most barbershops will also offer BJ and full service.
What will be the rate in a Barbershop?
Most time, they will ask around RMB 100,- up to RMB 300,- for a full service session (normally not more than 10 to 15 minutes). Sometimes they don't have full service available, so make your deal clear before starting any action. If you want to spend more time, they will loose patience very fast. Barbershop Business is a "fast-time-fun".
WARNING: First they will push you a lot to take a second, third girl, so if you can not tell them very clear, you don't want, they will first disturb you every 2 minutes, second push you a lot. So best way, you do like you want to leave without payment, then they will understand very fast that it is better to let you enjoy the service now. Second, they will try to ask for extra money for extra service all the time, so also make very clear, what you are willing to pay for the service you expect. Than don`t accept any negotiation any more. Third you should know, these places are not high level shops, that means don`t expect a clean well decorated shop. A typical Beijing Barbershop has bad smell and dirty floors. Also the massage table will be dirty and they not even change the towel or cover for every customer, so also the hygienic conditions don`t match western standards. If you like to have more clean entertainment, you have to spend much more, but you will get longer service under better hygienic conditions in a high class Beijing sauna (see above).
Escort Service & Agencies
Check out WikiSexGuide Adult Classifieds!
Transsexuals / Shemales
- You can often find ladyboys from club Xiu (check out Xiu from Pickup Bars).
- You can find T-Escorts online from above.
Gay and Lesbian
Homosexual sodomy was banned in the People's Republic of China from at least the twentieth century, until it was legalized in 1997. In 2001, homosexuality was removed from the official list of mental illnesses in China.
Here is a list of gay and gay-friendly bars in Beijing:
- Destination, English address 7 Gongti Xi Lu, Chaoyang district. Chinese address 朝阳区工体西路7号. http://www.bjdestination.com/
- Alfa, Open 6pm-2am daily. Telephone 6413 0086. English address 6 Xingfu Yicun, (In the hutong opposite the north gate of Workers' Stadium), Chaoyang district. Chinese address 朝阳区幸福一村6号工体北门对面的胡同里.
- Mesh, English address First floor The Opposite House, 11 Sanlitun Lu, Building 1, Sanlitun Village, Chaoyang district. Chinese address 朝阳区三里屯路11号. http://www.theoppositehouse.com/#/restaurants-and-bars/all/mesh/
- The Lala Salon Activity Centre, English address 2808, Phase 3, 3 Dongheng Shidai, Chaoyang district. Chinese address 朝阳区东恒时代依期3号楼2808. http://www.lalabar.com/
- Jujiao Yanyi Bar (聚焦演艺酒吧), Open 6pm-2am daily. Telephone 5166 3298. English address B1, The Golden Sun Hotel, 85 Xibianmennei Dajie, Xicheng district. Chinese address 西城区西便门内大街85号金色夏日商务酒店地下一层.
- Share Club, Telephone 5975 2688. English address Floor 7, Zhongyu Plaza, 6 Gongti Bei Lu, Chaoyang district. Chinese address 朝阳区工体北路6号中宇大厦7层.
- Vinyl Café, Open 24hrs daily. Telephone 6407 0868. English address 206 Gulou Dongjie, Dongcheng district. Chinese address 东城区鼓楼东大街206号.
- You can find more information from Beijing LGBT Center: http://www.bjlgbtcenter.org/
Sexual Services for Women
Women have to be careful when ever they hook up with locals in Beijing. You can get some great sex, but you can also get in to trouble. Remember that China still has quite communist minded people.
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
Sleeping / Paid Sex in Hotels
You might notice a card by the telephone in your hotel room advertising ‘massage’ (ànmó – 按摩). There usually really are massage services available, but there are also prostitutes. They’ll come up to your room and you can expect to pay anything from 300-800Y for sex.
Exactly what you get varies from place to place. Some hotels have a "standard prostitute service" where they’ll give you a hot and cold water treatment and a blow job before sex, others just strip off, lie down and wait for you to finish. Anal is almost never on the menu and you might well find you know more positions than she does.
If you call the number wanting a prostitute you’ll need to say ‘wǒ yào xiăojiĕ – 我要小姐’ and tell them your room number. Payment is in cash up front.
As Beijing is a "clean" city, a lot of hotels also will stop you or your "guest" from time to time, if you like to take your girl friend up to your room. The official regulation is, that no guest on the room (who are not registered) after 10:30 pm. So most time no problem, if you come before that time, but some hotels even will check, if your guest left in time (but only very less).
Girl Friendly Hotel List
As we know, the following hotels should have no problem with girls in the room (at least when you arrive before 10:30 pm):
- Crown Plaza Yun Nan
- Crowne Plaza Zhong Guan Chuan
- Crown Plaza Wu Zhou,
- Hilton Beijing
- Renaissance Beijing
- Renaissance Capital Beijing
- Grand Hyatt
- Westin Financial Street
- Westin Chao Yang
- Sheraton Dong Cheng
- Grand Mercure Beijing Central.
- Traders Hotel
- Jade Garden Hotel
- JW Marriott Beijing
- Novotel San Yuan Qian
- Novotel Xin Qiao
- Ibis San Yuan Qiao
- Yan Shan Hotel
- Beijing International Hotel
- China National Convention Centre Grand Hotel
- Novotel Xin Qiao
See also: Global list of girl friendly hotels
Hotels, where you will get problems with your Girl
- Landmark Hotel
- Sheraton Great Wall
- Howard Johnson Paragon
- Hilton Wang Fu Jin
- Novotel Peace Hotel
- Red Wall Hotel
Tip: Most bigger Hotels also have a public area on other levels for restaurant, hotel, bar or coffee. If they check guest on the lobby levels, there is still a big chance for the girl to go up to the restaurant first, than use the elevator from here (most time here will be no security guard).
Tip: You should care a little bit for the outfit of the girl. If you stay in a high level hotel and the girl is dressed very "low level", the risk to get trouble will rise up a lot. So in worst case invest some RMB for a nice dress for her and rise up your chance for real fun later.
Despite its size, Beijing is a very safe city, and violent crime is extremely rare. However, tourists are often preyed upon by cheats and touts, who attempt to pull a number of scams on tourists. Be especially cautious in the inner city, around Tiananmen Square, and on the tourist-crowded routes to the Great Wall.
On the other hand, fears of scams have led many travelers to be overly dismissive of Chinese people who approach them. Many Chinese are tourists in their capital for the first time as well and they are genuinely curious about foreigners and may just want to practice their English and get a picture with you. Being asked to have your picture taken is very common and there are no known scams associated with this. Be friendly but don't feel pressured to go somewhere you hadn't planned on going in the first place. If you are outside the tourist areas then your chances of being scammed drop dramatically.
Chinese people are very friendly to travelers and expats in general; seeing through a scam requires the same common sense as travelling anywhere in the world. Beijing scams are not particularly innovative or brutal in world-wide comparison, and as long as you keep your wallet out of sight, you can always walk away without fear of violence or theft. That said, there are some common scams to be aware of.
- For tours to the Great Wall, be wary: the driver might just stop and set you off before your destination. Only pay afterwards if you are absolutely sure you are at the destination. Do not go for organized tours to the Great Wall in the ¥100-150 range that are advertised by people handing out flyers around the Forbidden City (or in the latest scam, masquerading as the real bus service to the Great Wall which only costs ¥20, but is guaranteed to waste your entire day). Conveniently you are picked up from your hotel (so they know where to get back at you, in case you will not pay), you end up on a shopping tour and afterwards you have to pay upfront to get back to the city. Of course, there are exceptions, and people showing letters of recommendation from their previous travels and pictures are usually ok, as are people offering trips to the wilder parts of the Great Wall (i.e. not Badaling or Juyong). Shopping tours are also advertised from certain hotels, ask in advance for a tour without shopping to be sure.
- At the Bird's Nest, there will be people trying to sell you small items, such as Beijing 2008 Memorabilia, or toys that seems fun to play with. They will tell you that they are offering it to you for much less, then after you pay for your item, shortly after they will claim you never paid for it and will follow you around until you either give back them or pay again. Usually they offer items to you at very good deals, but don't fall for the trick, you'll end up paying double, if not more.
- Do not be tricked by students or young adults offering to go out for a beer or coffee to practice their English. Some scam artists will run up an elaborate bill by ordering food or alcohol and then expect you to pay for it or even half whether or not if you do or do not eat the food they order. In Chinese culture if someone invites you out for tea or dinner they pay the bill. If you are feeling this situation is about to happen shift credit cards out of your wallet by going to the bathroom or while sitting at the table. The scam artists can be working with the restaurant and the restaurant will ask you to pay with a credit card. Another sign if it is a scam is if they ask to follow you to a bank or back to your hotel to get additional money to pay them back. These people can come on very nice and come off as very nice people. If they want to follow you back to your hotel or hostel have them wait in the lobby and do not return. These people will likely avoid confrontation and eventually leave. These cases tend to happen mainly when you are alone. But, if you do not have any plans and want to exploit the exchange rate, it is not the worst idea. In any case, be nice and refuse politely, that will do the job for you.
- Do not follow any "students" or Chinese "tourists" wanting to show you something. They are most likely scammers or semi-scammers. Examples include "art students" who bring you to their "school exhibition" and pressure you to buy art at insanely inflated prices. Tea sampling is another scam. It is free to sample tea for locals, but for tourists...you should ask. Always get prices in advance and keep the menu if you are concerned. In one incident, after sampling 5 types of tea with two "students", a group of tourists were confronted with a bill for ¥1260! They even produced an English menu with the extortionate prices for sampling. Young attractive female "students" also try to lure male tourists to shops, restaurants or night clubs. The prices at such places can be extremely high for basically nothing."
- In 2010 there were reports of aggression against people of foreign descent in Beijing from one club in particular, Latte. The US embassy released a note in 2010  advising citizens of the USA not to go there. There are few details of what happened there. Since then many travelers and local expats have frequented there without incidence. These seem to have been isolated occurrences.
- Fake alcohol can sometimes be a problem, not frequently but sometimes. A good rule is that if it seems a lot cheaper than other places you've been than you might want to think hard about whether to take that ¥5 or ¥10 shot. It might be cheap for a reason. For information on which bars serve fake alcohol and which ones don't check any local review site. You can find these sites pretty easily they are just a search away.
- Fake Cigarettes can also be an issue. Be careful when making any purchases. Although it will be very hard for you to guess unless you are an expert smoker who knows his cigarettes like he does his wine.
- Take care when offered a ride in a rickshaw (pedicab). Make sure you and your driver know where you are going to be taken in advance and agree on a price in writing. If not, you might get into an argument with the driver and end up paying a lot more than is fair. Rickshaw drivers generally charge ¥5 or ¥10 more than a taxi for short distances. It could be more for longer ones.
- Be wary of fake money. You may observe Chinese people inspecting their money carefully, and with a reason: there are a lot of counterfeit bills in circulation. The most common are 100's and 50's. A few tips for identifying counterfeit bills:
- Be very careful if someone wants to give back the largest currency bill (¥50 and ¥100) by the excuse of "no change". In an attempt to pass you a counterfeit bill they may tell you that they have lowered the price in your benefit. Or, they may ask you to contribute an additional sum in order to pass you the ¥100. If they give you back all the change money plus the coins on top (though coins are rare in Beijing) take your time to check each bill carefully.
- Another version of the above trick is when a vendor refuses to accept your ¥100 bill claiming that it's fake. The truth is most likely that he took your genuine bill and discretely changed it for a fake one which he now is trying to give back to you. Hard to prove unless you saw the swap.
- To check any ¥50 and ¥100 bill you get, do this: most importantly, check the paper. If its torn, thin or very slippery, ask for a different bill. Next, check the watermark, it should blur out softly. If there are hard visible corners in the watermark, reject the bill. Last, check the green "100" imprint on the lower left corner. It should be clearly painted on the bill so you can both feel and see a relief. If its missing or not feelable, reject the bill also. Rejecting bills is not considered impolite. It is perfectly acceptable to hand back a bill and ask for a different one. If the vendor gets upset, you should consider cancelling the purchase and moving on. If the colouring of a banknote is faded, it does not necessarily mean it is fake.
Traffic can be crazy in Beijing, and reckless driving is fairly normal. People honk all the time. Honking is not usually considered rude. It is simply another way to indicate that the driver is there. Be prepared for drivers to violate traffic laws even to the extent of going in reverse on highways to back up to a missed exit or driving on a sidewalk. Also expect occasional road debris (a piece of wood or torn out tire) to be laying in the roadway. Pedestrians should be very careful crossing the street people will generally stop for you, but they will honk. Keep an eye on the locals and cross with them — there is strength in numbers.
Avoiding scams and fakes
All official taxis have license plates beginning with the letter "B", as in "京B". "Black cabs" may look like taxis but their license plates will start with letters other than B. It's nearly impossible to hail a black cab on the streets; they generally hang out around tourist sights like the Great Wall and the Summer Palace or around subway stops. Black cabs will charge you a higher fee for the journey, unless you are a good bargainer, know where you are going, and know what the right fare should be. Sometimes they drop foreign tourists in wrong places. In some extreme cases, the driver may even take them to the countryside and rob them. If you find you hired a fake taxi and are overcharged, don't argue if you are alone, pay the driver and remember the car's license plate number, then call police later.
To avoid being taken advantage of, it is a good idea to know the rough direction, cost, and distance of your destination. You can easily find this out from asking locals before calling a cab. Verify these values with the taxicab driver to show them that you are in the know, and are probably too much trouble to cheat. Keep track of the direction of travel with a compass and/or the sun. If the cab goes in the wrong direction for a long distance, verify the location with the taxi driver. For scamming drivers, that is usually enough for them to go back on the right track (without ever acknowledging that they were trying to cheat you). Honest drivers will explain why they are going that way. In addition, sometimes a cab driver might tell you an extravagant price to get somewhere and tell you the meter is broken.
There are several "makeshift taxis" running around Beijing including a seat fixed up to the back of an electric scooter. These guys will scam you big time if you don't negotiate a clear fare beforehand. Upon arriving your destination, for a 2 minute ride, the driver will demand ¥300 and will be very belligerent if you don't pay it.
Keep in mind that central Beijing can be off limits at certain times, forcing cabs to reroute. And some roads forbid left turns (with big road signs) either at certain hours or all the time, so the driver might make a detour.
Free emergency telephone numbers:
- Police: 110.
- Fire alarm: 119.
- Medical care: 120.
Remember these three telephone numbers, and they are valid in almost entire mainland China.
- China | Beijing | Guangzhou | Guilin | Hangzhou | Kunming | Nanjing | Shanghai |Suzhou | Xi'an | Yangzhou