Utrecht Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, sex shops, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Utrecht, Netherlands.
Utrecht is the capital and most populous city in the Dutch province of Utrecht. It is located in the eastern corner of the Randstad conurbation, and is the fourth largest city of the Netherlands with a population of 328,577 in 2014.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Female Escorts
- 3 Where to Get Sex Now
- 4 Red Light Districts
- 5 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 6 Street Hookers
- 7 Hookup with Local Girls
- 8 Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
- 9 Brothels
- 10 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 11 Live Sex Cams
- 12 Dating
- 13 How to find Sugar Babies & Sugar Daddies
- 14 Swinger Clubs and BDSM
- 15 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 16 Gay and Lesbian
- 17 BDSM
- 18 Swingers
- 19 Sexual Services for Women
- 20 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 21 Escort Services & Agencies
- 22 Sleeping
- 23 Stay Safe
- 24 Drugs
- 25 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Quite a few travellers visit the Netherlands to enjoy its famously tolerant attitude: prostitution is decriminalized but only for those prostitutes registered at a permitted brothel. Safe sex and use of condoms is common practice, and the prostitute will usually have these available. It is illegal for sex workers to solicit for customers on the street and prostitutes are most common in the capital Amsterdam, where red-light districts are popular, even if tourists only visit as a momento of the visit. In more rural areas, prostitution is almost non-existent. Sex shops, sex shows, sex museums and drugs museums are also popular amongst tourists. The sale, possession, and consumption of small quantities of cannabis while technically still illegal, is officially tolerated, but coffeeshops are subject to increasing restrictions. Harder drugs (eg. ecstasy or cocaine) remain illegal both in theory and practice. In the same open minded atmosphere is the Dutch ease towards homosexuality, gay marriage is legalized. Also the practice of euthanasia is legalized under strict conditions.
Prostitution is a legal profession in the Netherlands. You must be 18 years-of-age (21 with window prostitution), have a valid residence permit (not a tourist visa) and work voluntarily at a legal workplace.
You can find some escorts working in Utrecht, but for better selection you should visit Amsterdam.
Where to Get Sex Now
It is easy to get sex online in Utrecht. You just need to find the best available girls. See Girls Online Here!
Red Light Districts
- In the center of Utrecht, the Breedstraat Area, is a street where Window prostitution is practised. Red Light Street is called the Hardebollenstraat. There are ten licensed brothels, all of the same operator and they contain a total of 17 windows. These places operate 24 hours a day with a guard, which is available on the first floor of a building and also runs through the street.
- On the Zandpad, more than a hundred canal boats are moored to a long wharf north of the Rode Brug (red bridge). Price in Utrecht for sex with prostitute is normally 50 euros for suck and fuck. UPDATE: Zandpad was closed in 2013. Source http://www.amsterdam-red-light-district-maps.com/Utrecht.html
See Also: Window prostitution
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
According to Radio Netherlands, prostitution is concentrated in and around the big cities and in the border towns in the regions of Limburg, Groningen, Twente, West Brabant and Zeeland. Prostitution occurs in various forms: 'window' and street prostitution, clubs, escort agencies and home-based prostitution. Window prostitution occurs in 12 cities in the Netherlands. It is estimated that on average some 2,000 prostitutes are engaged daily in this form of prostitution.
Street prostitution exists in 10 Dutch cities and involves on average some 320 prostitutes daily. Though prostitution is legal in Netherlands, soliciting on streets is not. Though this rule is not obeyed strictly, you still won't see any street hooker in public areas.
Tippelzone in Utrecht
Street prostitution is not allowed in the Netherlands, unless it is done at specially designated tippelzone red lightareas. Utrecht’s tippelzone area is on the Europalaan. On the street (in a defined zone), prostitutes make contact with clients that are driving around their cars. Before a prostitute enter the vehicle, they will make agreements with the client over the price and the services that they provide. If they come to an agreement with the client, they will drive together in his auto to the designated zone. The client can park his auto between two concrete dividing walls and the services can then be performed on him. The sex prices on the Europalaan are around € 35.00 for blowjobs and fucking (with condom).
A reception room is located at the Europalaan where sex workers can go for coffee, tea or orange juice and where they can use the shower and toilet. Items are sold at the bar, such as: condoms, toiletries, cigarettes, and food and drink, among others.
There are two staff members present at all times in the reception room to provide help and advice. Sex workers can ask all manner of questions, for example, concerning health, work, motherhood, issues, addiction or the police. They can also visit the doctor twice a week for a free consultation. In addition, needle exchange is possible and lockers are available to store workers personal belongings.
The tippelzone is open daily between 7.00pm – 2.00am and the reception room is open between 7.30pm – 1.30am. A doctor is available on Tuesday and Friday evenings between 7.30pm – 11.00pm. The doctor can perform an STI examination, provide information about contraception and hepatitis B vaccinations, and answer all other questions. This is only for the sex workers, not for clients.
A permit is required in order to work in the tippelzone. Sex workers can request an application in the reception room. Afterwards they will have a talk with a staff member from the GG&GD (Municipal Health Service) and permit is valid for one year. Local ladies from Utrecht are given priority when applying for a permit. There is a waiting list of a few years at present for ladies from outside of Utrecht.
Hookup with Local Girls
Meeting local girls and getting laid for free is fun! Read more on how to pick up girls in Utrecht: https://hookuptravels.com/wiki/Utrecht
Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
In Utrecht, early 2009 there were five brothels and sex clubs, 32 brothels without authorization, and about 200 to 300 home workers and escorts.
Between 3,500 and 4,000 prostitutes are employed daily in 600–700 clubs and private brothels in Netherlands.
In a sex club, you can enter the room and talk with different girls, then choose a woman with whom to go to a separate room to have sex.
- Huize Mona, Voorstraat 17, NL-3512AH - Sex prices start from 60€.
- Jan Bik, Jaffastraat 1, NL-3531EL - Bar, Jacuzzi, 5 rooms, SadoMaso services. Tel:+31302944530
- Dynamite Price, De Liesbosch 14 d, 3439 LC Nieuwegein - Around 10 sexy girls working. Tel:0302805959
Erotic Massage Parlors
Most erotic massage studios in Netherlands are Asian massage parlors. Usually cost is 35-60€ per on hour of massage. Inside the massage booth you will pay for extras and prices start from 20€. There is however Asian massage studios that do not offer handjobs or other extra services. Usually the ones that are open late and have girls in smaller skirts or sexy outfits will offer sex services. You should also see that you are in a right place when you walk inside the parlor and girls will come and talk you with sexy voice and maybe touch you.
- Studio Roses, Gansstraat 26/28, Utrecht (Tel:0302511533) - Great erotic massage and body to body nude massage for affordable prices.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Sex Cams in Utrecht? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. You can choose any girl from our trusted WikiSexLive.com! Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free!
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies. Try now! WikiSexLive.com
Dating in Utrecht can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Utrecht and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since your time in Utrecht may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand, so that when you meet you can start having some real fun.
How to find Sugar Babies & Sugar Daddies
If you are looking for an alternative to escorts in Utrecht with a girl who doesn’t charge by the hour, sugar dating is the ideal solution. There are thousands of beautiful young women at SecretBenefits willing to do anything for a man who will help them pay their bills.
Often referred to as the “Tinder for Older Guys”, SecretBenefits matches hot young women interested in pampering older gentlemen. You don’t have to be a millionaire at SecretBenefits.com, you just need to be a respectful gentleman who knows how to treat a woman.
Swinger Clubs and BDSM
ALT.com is the best place for local singles, swingers, and couples in the BDSM community to connect with those interested in submissive sex, power exchange, locating persons for new slave roles, erotic BDSM, bondage & fetish sex, as well as live sex dates. Find thousands of play partners for whatever your fetish may be; bondage, foot, cockold, spankings, role-play, electric or water play, sadism and masochism. So whether you have the desire to explore your unrealized fetish fantasies, or you are extremely experienced and would love to train someone new, ALT.com is a community designed for people with like-minded interests to find and connect with each other.
Transsexuals / Shemales
Finding someone for transsexual dating when you’re on the road can be a bit tricky, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you go so you can find locals ahead of time. TSdates.com is a dating site designed to help you find exactly what you are looking for in your hookup in Utrecht. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting. With over 40 million members, and thousands of transsexual members around the world, TSdates.com is the world’s largest site of sex-minded friends for discreet encounters and will help you find your next transsexual play partner.
Where can I find shemales in Utrecht? You can watch transsexual live sex shows in Utrecht as long as you are connected to internet. Check Now: Tranny Live Sex Video Chat
About 5% of prostitutes in Netherlands are estimated to be transgender. There are few transgirls working in Utrecht and prices start from 50€. Most work from the private flats.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in Utrecht as long as you are connected to internet. Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
As mentioned above, the Netherlands is quite liberal when it comes to homosexuality and by far is considered to be one of the gay-friendliest countries in the world. The Netherlands has a reputation of being the first country to recognise same-sex marriage, and openly displaying your orientation wouldn't cause much upset in the Netherlands. However, even a gay friendly country like the Netherlands has room for some criticisms of homosexuality, but this varies depending on where one travels. Regardless, with violence and discrimination against gays being rare as well as the legal status of same-sex marriage in the Netherlands, this country may be considered a gay utopia and should be safe for gays and lesbians (except sometimes in religious neighbourhoods in the major Dutch cities, after big football matches or in demonstrations if there is a violent attitude in general).
Gay Bars, Cafes and Pubs
- Bodytalk, Oudegracht 64. Bar-dancing with a party-like atmosphere. You get a list for drinks, pay at the end of the night. Open mon-thu 16:00–01:00, fri 16:00–04:00, sat 15:00–04:00, sun 15:00–01:00
- Cafe Kalff, Oudegracht 47, 3511 A. Cafe Kalff is located in a well known spot at the Oudegracht and aimed "for the gay community and all of its friends". Open mon-wed 15:00–01:00, thu-fri 15:00–02:00, sat 14:00–02:00, sun 14:00–01:00
- Cruise Control-Acu, Voorstraat 71 - Popular Queerparty électronique with sexy supernova beats.
- enSuite - CitySense, St. Jacobsstraat 12, 3511 BS, Binnenstad Utrecht - Monthly gay party.
- PANN - Tivoli de Helling, De Helling 7, Centre - Chosen to be the best gay party in the Netherlands. Mixed music, young mixed crowd, open atmosphere.
Gay Cruising Areas
- Laagraven, Utrecht. Crowd is mostly arabs from different age groups.
- Hogelandse Park, Utrecht
- Museumbrug, Prinsesselaan, Utrecht
- Parking area after petrol station on A27, A27, Utrecht. Parking areas accessible after driving past gas station. Lots of trees and fairly dark at night. Just look a spot and watch the guys cruise past.
Gay Indoor Cruising and Sex Kinos
- Check out the Sex Shops & Adult Stores section below.
You can get S&M service from Jan Bik brothel, located on Jaffastraat 1, NL-3531EL (Tel:+31302944530).
Other great place Dynamite Price (De Liesbosch 14 d, 3439 LC Nieuwegein, Tel:0302805959)
- Swingersclub Fata-Morgana, Rijksweg 15, 1398 PN Muiden, The Netherlands
- Phone: +31 ( (0)6 - 50 49 52 44
- Opening & prices: FRIDAY: from 21.00 h. to 03.00 h. Entrance: € 85,00 per couple, dresscode at 21.00 uur, SATURDAY from 21.00 h. to 04.00 h. Entrance: € 110,00 per couple, dresscode at 22.00 uur, SUNDAY: from 14.00 h. to 24.00 h, Entrance: € 90,00 per couple, dresscode at 18.00 uur. Reservation is not required, price is all-inclusive, single men not allowed, single ladies 50% entrance, trio m/f/f welcome
- Directions from Amersfoort / Utrecht: Via the motorway A27 in the direction of Almere, take the exit for Amsterdam (motorway A1), follow the A1 towards Amsterdam, exit at Junction 4 (Muiderberg - Muiderslot), follow the sign Hilversum - Almere (left), pass the noise barrier and at the end pass under the A1 and take directly on your left the access road upward (in the direction of Hilversum - Almere), turn right in the bend onto the by-road. The spacious parking area is located at the rear of the club.
Sexual Services for Women
About 5% of prostitutes in Netherlands are estimated to be males. In Utrecht, you can find few male escorts who mainly advertise online and work from private flats.
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in Utrecht, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
Sex Shops in Netherlands usually have a good variety of sex toys, dvd´s, lubes and condoms. Some will also have a sex arcades, where mostly gay and bi-curious men go to masturbate while watching porn in a private rooms or cinema. There is also sex shops offering peep-shows and private strip tease. Usually peep show costs about 1 euro per 1 minute. Mostly there is a sexy girl posing behind the curtain, but example in Amsterdam you can see live sex acts between couples in a peep-show.
- Sexshop de Dom, Zadelstraat 17. 3511LR
- This is a small adult video shop 10 min walk from Central Station, with 6 booths upstairs. Open daytime 10.00-19.00. L
- Davys Erotheek formerly Dalis Erotheek, Amsterdamsestraatweg 197, 3551 CB Ut
- This is a adult book/videostore with erotic cinema upstairs. Erotic Cinema has straight movies except wednesday/friday evenings after 1800 gay movies are shown. Open Monday to Friday 10.00 until 23.00.
- Savannah Bay. Telingstraat 13
- Open Mon 13-18, Tue-Sat 10-18, Thu 10-21, 1st Sun/month 13-17
- Seksshop Miranda, Amsterdamsestraatweg 427, tel.: +31 30 242 1222
- Privepret.nl, Hondsrug 805, tel.: +31 6 81497133
Escort Services & Agencies
Finding an escort when you’re travelling can be a bit tricky. An ideal solution for having an alternative for escorts is Ashley Madison. There are thousands of horny girls waiting for you. Find all the beautiful young women at AshleyMadison.com!
The extent of escort agencies and home-based prostitution in Netherlands is difficult to estimate. Home-based prostitution occurs in at least 17 municipalities and escort agencies exist in at least 28 municipalities.
A wide range of accommodation is available, concentrated on the major tourist destinations. They include regions popular for internal tourism, such as the Veluwe. In non-touristed areas, accommodation may be very limited.
Prices are generally high. Budget accommodation starts at around €20 per person and prices go upwards from there. Seasonal demand affects availability and can cause prices to rise dramatically, especially in Amsterdam.
Short-term apartment rental is available in cities, but may not be legal. While most have a 3 night minimum stay, the process of making reservations and checking in is generally identical to that of staying in a hotel, the notable exception being that most require a credit card deposit, and the balance payment in € on arrival.
If you are traveling by bicycle or by foot, there is a list of 3600 addresses where you can stay at private homes with bed and breakfast for no more than € 18,50 per person per night, although you must also pay € 9 for membership of this scheme. It is called Vrienden op de fiets .
The Netherlands is generally considered a safe country. However, be alert in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and other large cities that are plagued by pickpockets and bicycle theft, violent crimes are very rare.
Police, ambulance and fire brigade have one general emergency number 112. There is one police force, organized in 25 police regions. Visitors will deal with mostly the regional police. Some specialized forces, such as the railway police and the highway police on main roads, are run by a separate national force (highway police being the KLPD - Korps Landelijke Politie Diensten, and railway police being the spoorwegpolitie). When calling 112, if you can, advise on what emergency services what you need. When you need police but there is no life in danger or crime being executed, you call +31900-8844, with this number they will come quickly but without sirens. If you want to report a crime anonymously (e.g. because you are in fear of reprisals or a confrontation with the perpetrator) you can call +31800-7000.
Border controls and port and airport security are handled by a separate police force, the Marechaussee (or abbreviation 'KMar' - Koninklijke Marechaussee), a gendarmerie. They are an independent service of the Dutch armed forces (making them a military service, not a civil one). City guards have security tasks among their duties in most cities such as issuing parking and litter fines. They often have police-style uniforms to confer some authority, but their powers are limited. For instance, only the police carry a gun.
Prostitution in the Netherlands is legal since 1988 if the prostitute consents. Pimping or otherwise exploiting women against their will is a crime, even in the Netherlands. Illegal prostitution in hotels can be raided by the police and the client as well as the prostitute can be fined or be put in jail. Hotel personnel are obliged by law to notify the police if they suspect these kinds of illegal activities. Having sex with a minor (18 for prostitutes, 16 for other people) is also illegal.
European Network against Racism, an international organisation supported by European Commission reported that, in the Netherlands, half of the Turks reported having experienced racial discrimination. The same report points out a "dramatic growth of Islamophobia" paralleled with antisemitism. Another international organisation, the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia, highlighted a negative trend in the Netherlands regarding attitudes towards minorities, compared to average EU results. The analysis also noted that compared to most other Europeans, in the Netherlands, the majority group is "more in favour of cultural assimilation of minorities" rather than "cultural enrichment by minority groups".
Unsafe parts of cities In the larger cities, certain areas are considered unsafe at night. A few are also unsafe in daylight:
- Amsterdam: Kolenkitbuurt, Overtoomse Veld, Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Osdorp
- The Hague: Morgenstond, Schilderswijk
- Deventer: Heechterp/Schieringen, Rivierenwijk
- Eindhoven: Woensel West
- Leeuwarden: Heechterp/Schieringen
- Maastricht: Noord-Oost
- Nijmegen: Hatert
- Rotterdam: Bloemhof, Hillesluis, Oude Noorden, Oude Westen, Pendrecht, Spangen, Tarwewijk, Tussendijken
- Utrecht: Kanaleneiland, Ondiep
- Zaanstad: Poelenburg
Gapers (Black Moors Head)
Usually the head is of a black or Moor man. This is because in the 15-17th centuries, pharmacists would travel through the country with an assistant trying to sell their medicines. Before an audience the pharmacist would give a pill to his assistant. These were often Moors. The assistant would act better. So pharmacies became known by the assistant's head. Today some bars and restaurants are named after Gapers. There is also a large collections of them in the Netherlands Drugstore Museum in Maarssen.
The Netherlands is renowned for its liberal drug policy. While technically still illegal because international treaties, personal use of (soft) drugs are regulated by the Ministry of Justice under an official policy of gedogen; literally this means to accept or tolerate, legally it is a doctrine of non-prosecution on the basis that action taken would be so highly irregular as to constitute selective prosecution.
Note that this does not mean the Dutch are all permanently high. In fact drug usage is much lower in the Netherlands than it is in countries with more restrictive policies. Much of the clientèle of the coffeeshops (see below) is in fact tourists. Be sure you are among like-minded people before lighting up a spliff.
You are allowed to buy and smoke small doses (5 g or less) of cannabis or hash. You must be 18 or older to buy. For this you have to visit a coffeeshop, which are abundant in most larger towns. Coffeeshops are not allowed to sell alcohol. Minors (those under 18) are not allowed inside. Coffeeshops are prohibited from explicit advertising, so many use the Rastafari red-yellow-green colors to hint at the products available inside, while others are more discreet and sometimes almost hidden away from plain view. In the border provinces of Limburg, North Brabant and Zeeland it is now only possible to buy cannabis products in a coffeeshop if you've got a wietpas ("weed pass") from may 2012. Only residents of the Netherlands can get a pass! This measure will be introduced in an effort to combat drug related crime and nuisance.
Beware that cannabis sold in the Netherlands is often stronger than varieties outside, so be careful when you take your first spliff. Be particularly wary of cannabis-laced pastries ("space cakes") as it's easy to eat too much by accident — although there are also unscrupulous shops that sell space cakes with no weed at all. Wait at least one hour after eating!
Hallucinogenic ("magic") mushrooms, once legal, are banned as of December 1st, 2008. However, "magic truffles", which contain the same active ingredients as magic mushrooms are still technically legal and are sold in some Amsterdam head shops.
It is forbidden to drive any motorized vehicle while impaired, which includes driving under the influence of both illegal and legal recreational or prescribed drugs (such as cocaine, ecstasy, cannabis and mushrooms) as well as alcohol, and medication that might affect your ability to drive.
Buying soft drugs from dealers in the streets is always illegal and is commonly discouraged. The purchase of other (hard) drugs such as ecstasy, cocaine, or processed/dried mushrooms is still dealt with by the law. However, often people who are caught in possession of small amounts of illegal drugs for personal use are not prosecuted.
The act of consuming any form of drugs is legal, even if possession is not. If you are seen taking drugs, you may theoretically be arrested for possession, but not for use. This has one important effect; do not hesitate to seek medical help if you are suffering from bad effects of drug use, and inform emergency services as soon as possible of the specific (illegal) drugs you have taken. Medical services are unconcerned with where you got the drugs, they will not contact the police, their sole intention is to take care of you in the best way possible.
At some parties, a "drug testing desk" is offered, where you can have your (synthetic) drugs tested. This is mainly because many pills contain harmful chemicals in addition to the claimed ingredients; for example, many pills of "ecstasy" (MDMA) will also contain speed (amphetamines). Some pills don't even contain any MDMA at all. The testing desks are not meant to encourage drug use, since venue owners face stiff fines for allowing drugs in their venues, but they are tolerated or 'gedoogd' since they mitigate the public health risks. Note: the desk won't return the drugs tested.
Please note that there are significant risks associated with drug use, even in the Dutch liberal climate
- while marijuana bought at coffeeshops is unlikely to be hazardous, hard drugs like cocaine and heroin and synthetic drugs like ecstasy are still illegal and unregulated. These hard drugs are likely to be in some way contaminated, especially when bought from street dealers.
- some countries have legislation in place that make it illegal to plan a trip for the purpose of commiting illegal acts in another jurisdiction, so you might be apprehended in your home country after having legally smoked pot in the Netherlands.
Alcohol and weed
Be very careful with alcohol and weed, don't use any alcohol the first couple of times you smoke weed, drinking one beer after you've smoked can feel like drinking ten beers. However, alcohol and weed can be a very nice and trippy experience, especially for people who don't feel enough from just smoking weed (to some people weed might be a little bit disappointing, others can space the whole night on 0.5 g). Alcohol and weed amplify each other, a little bit of alcohol can cause you to intensely feel the effect of the weed, but a tiny bit too much can make you feel dizzy and/or nauseous. In the end, be careful, pace yourself and know your limits. There's loads of fun to be had, if you act responsibly.
- Europe, Netherlands,Amsterdam
- Age of consent in Netherlands, Prostitution and law in Europe
- Dutch Sex Phrasebook
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS