- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Regions
- 3 Cities
- 4 Other Destinations
- 5 Red Light Districts
- 6 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 7 Street Hookers
- 8 Live Sex Cams
- 9 Adult Locations
- 10 Escort Services and Agencies
- 11 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 12 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 13 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 14 Karaoke and KTVs
- 15 Swinger Clubs
- 16 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 17 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 18 Nightclubs and Bars
- 19 Gay and Lesbian
- 20 Other Adult Services
- 21 Dating
- 22 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 23 Sexual Services for Women
- 24 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 25 Stay Safe
- 26 Largest Cities in Spain
- 27 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Cities like Madrid, Ibiza and Barcelona have long been major sex tourist and all night clubbing destinations of Europe. Now a sex tourism is starting to increase even higher in Spain and it is slowly becoming one of the most popular destinations for sex tourism in the whole world. In Madrid, the Red-light district is interwoven with regular streets, so it’s very accessible, whereas in Barcelona, the red-light district is a well known tourist attraction.
Prostitution is kind of legal in Spain, the truth is that prostitution exists in a legal vacuum. Sex workers are not penalized, instead the pimps are the ones who are punished. With 30% of prostitutes in Spain said to be illegal immigrants (many coming from South America), brought into Spain through illegal human trafficking, the circumstances of many prostitutes leave them in legal limbo.
Brothels have been illegal since 1956, but the vast majority of brothels are loosely disguised as whiskerías, Hotels ("Hostals"), or 'clubs' and are left to function as normal. Some are registered as Hotel business's. It's entirely possible that originally, they were built with the intention to be Hotels. Possibly some went bankrupt, to re-emerge as discrete brothels. They have a very discrete and nondescript main door, with a small bell to ring. The door after a while gets opened electrically. You then walk up some stairs of heavy velvety faux luxury carpeted stairs, in faint warm lighting. A night club entrance. At the top will be a Madam waiting for you, all smiles and will quickly usher you into a bar or one of the bedrooms.
You then get to choose a woman, who one by one will enter the room present themselves with a her name, kiss you on the cheeks and then leave. At the end the Madam, will reappear, and you tell her which girl you want. Of course, you can reject all of them, and leave. But it's difficult to see how you can refuse such beauties, at the more higher end brothels like Felina and EvenOnce.
It seems that these multi-storey brothels started reappearing after the financial crisis of 2008-2009. Spain was particularly hit hard, with unemployment reaching a peak of 25 % in 2009. In this very difficult socio-economic situation, it seems the central government discreetly signaled the provincial authorities, not to close brothels, so as to have a extra means for (at least) young women to survive. The hint was taken, and private groups quietly set up multi-floored brothels in the larger cities.
These brothels get regularly checked by police. They want to make sure there is no sex slavery or sex trafficking, no minors and no illegal immigrants. The brothels make the damnest sure that this never happens, - because if there is even the slightest suspicion that the women are being abused, the brothel can be easily closed. The police even check if the girls have paid their social security contributions!
Having police checks and internal brothel security guards, the women feel particularly safe. Which is why they are popular with the girls, despite their high turnover, the brothels never seem to run out of pretty to beautiful women. Another drawback for the girls although, is that half of their earnings gets handed over to the brothel! It's to pay for maintenance, room/brothel cleaning, staff, and of course profits for brothel owners. So a girl in Valencia working for the Even Once brothel, gets 60 Euro for half an hour sex with a client. 30 goes to the brothel, 30 Euros she keeps! It seem a lot, but the owners have their worries too. These brothels are officially illegal, it takes only a minor scandal or a local politician's crusade against prostitution for the business to be closed permanently, with all the losses that they will incur. So presumably they have high legal expenses. Also, it's expensive to maintain a Hotel type of establishment. Perhaps the punter knowing this will, have the generosity to offer the girl a nice tip, especially if she's been particularly nice to him. Ten Euros will do.
Every city will have from one to 3 or 4 of these 'higher-end' brothels. Prices range from 120 to 150 Euros per hour. Half that for half an hour. There are several smaller brothels in every city not so well advertised, with a smaller selection of women, poorer facilities, in the poorer areas of town. The women are cheaper, but also uglier! But you spend typically 60 to 80 Euros per hour for them.
Prostitutes have been able to practice their trade freely and advertise frequently in the 'Relax' section of the classifieds in newspapers and magazines written in thinly veiled sexual jargon. However, a proposal in July 2011 suggested that all contact sections of newspapers should be closed down to prevent the advertising of prostitution. Also, the media has been recently talking about the "disgrace" of prostitution where 50,000 are 'forced' into it by 'sex traffickers'. This constant drum beat by the media about the widespread sex slavery is usually a harbinger to eventual legislation dealing with prostitution, most likely of a prohibitionist kind, like in Norway and Sweden. So watch out when the Socialists (together with the radical left, Podemos) win an election in Spain. You can bet, one of the first 'progressive' reforms they will do, is prohibit prostitution in the same they did in France recently,(Norway and Sweden, not so recently). And that will be good-bye to the brothels. A pity, for the girls too, because it was the safest way to practice this 'art', despite its high cost.
Also, most Spanish large cities have excellent local independent escort websites, which easily will have a few hundred women available in each website!
| Green Spain (A Coruña)|
| Northern Spain |
| Eastern Spain (Barcelona, Valencia, Murcia, Alicante)|
| Central Spain (Madrid)|
| Andalusia (Malaga, Marbella, Fuengirola, Torremolinos)|
| Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, Formentera)|
| Canary Islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, La Gomera, Lanzarote, La Palma, El Hierro)|
| Cities, islands and crags in North Africa (Ceuta, Melilla, Crag of Vélez de la Gomera, Crag of Alhucemas, Chafarinas Islands, Alboran Island)|
- Madrid - the capital and largest city.
- Barcelona - coastal city and famous tourist destination.
- Malaga- the biggest city in Andalucia.
- Bilbao- the biggest northern city.
- Cadiz — oldest city in Western Europe.
- Cordoba — The Grand Mosque ('Mezquita') of Cordoba is one of the world's finest buildings.
- Granada — stunning city in the south.
- Seville — a beautiful, verdant city, and home to the world's third largest cathedral.
- Valencia — paella was invented here, has a very nice beach.
- Zaragoza — fifth largest city of Spain.
- Almeria — best natural beaches and great selection of "tapas".
- Costa Blanca — 200 km of white coast with plenty of beaches and small villages
- Costa Brava — the rugged coast with plenty of seaside resorts
- Costa del Sol — the sunny coast in the south of the country
- Gran Canaria — known as "a continent in miniature" due to its many different climates and landscapes
- Ibiza — a Balearic island; one of the best places for clubbing, raving, and DJs in the entire world
- Mallorca — the largest island of the Balears, full of amazing beaches and great nightlife
- Sierra Nevada — the highest mountains on the Iberian Peninsula, great for walking and skiing
- Tenerife — offers lush forests, exotic fauna and flora, deserts, mountains, volcanoes and beautiful coastlines.
Red Light Districts
Most famous red-light districts in Spain are:
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Besides local Spanish girls, there are lots of girls from Latin American countries working in Spain. It's easier for them to get a long by Spanish language. You can find there also African and East European girls.
Price for sex with a streetwalker in Spain is usually between 20-75 euros for full service. It all depends your looks and the girl's looks. Naturally also negotiating skills are important.
Live Sex Cams
Can I watch Live Cams in Spain? - Yes, you can! Basically you can watch our online live sex shows for free anywhere in the world if you’re connected to internet. You can choose any girl from our trusted Live Sex Cams! Join to get 10 free private teasers and 9.99 credits for free!
Live Sex Cams are booming at the moment. Webcam models can be found from all over the world and you can find girls, guys, trannies, couples and groups of different ages performing to you. Watching live sex shows is usually free, but if you buy some credits, you will have much better chances to see adult action as desired! It's possible also to hire a webcam model to a private chat room where you can ask the person to fulfill your fantasies.
Spain has a great variety of different kind of adult locations. There are hundreds of brothels and erotic massage salons.
Escort Services and Agencies
- Carrer Del Riu Tamesis 39
Because escorts services in Spain are legal, Spain is a great place to come and enjoy yourself! There are many excellent escort agencies all over Spain.
WikiSexGuide is a good place to start, to find professional escorts with real photos. A well established website with escort models listings in several cities.
Many of the escorts are professionals in the erotic arts and offer a diversity of sensual services.
Erotic Massage Parlors
Erotic massage salons are very popular in Spain. There is usually a big difference in the treatments of tourists versus locals in Spain. Usually tourists pay more and will get worse service than locals. Of course there are parlors which are intended mostly for tourists and they might still have a great service. Now days internet is very powerful tool for these kind of businesses. If a spa will get tons of bad reviews, their business will drop down. However, if you are a tourist, you should try these few tricks to get better service and lower prices:
- Learn at least few phrases of Spanish.
- Try to act cool and make them feel that you are living in Spain because of work etc. You can imagine that you will get way more better service if the spa staff and masseuses think that you might be coming there again as a paying customer.
- Be polite and confident. Usually cheeky or arrogant people don't receive good service.
- You can try to get them/her feel that if you will be very satisfied about the massage, you will tip them/her. Well, it's not a bad thing to tip anyway if you will receive excellent service.
- Try to make new local friends and ask them where the local men go to have special massages. Most places where local people go are a lot better than tourist traps.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Spain has one of the best selection of legal brothels in Europe.
Strip Clubs and Striptease
There are hundreds of strip clubs in Spain. Some of the strip clubs are mixed strip clubs and brothels.
Karaoke and KTVs
There aren't any KTVs in Spain.
Swinging and swinger clubs are quite popular in Spain. You can find swinger and BDSM clubs from every big city in Spain. Some of the clubs are welcoming also singles to join the fetish parties if you'll pay the entrance fee.
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
If you don’t feel like visiting or cannot find any local sex shops in Spain, you can easily order adult products from Online Sex Shop.
You can find sex stores and adult shops from every decent size city in Spain.
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
There aren't really original love hotels in Spain, but you can find some short-time hotels where to go with a girl.
Nightclubs and Bars
Spain has great clubbing opportunities. All of the cities have many nightclubs, bars and pubs where people like to go and party. Some Spanish girls are very open minded for having one night relationships with foreign guys.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay modeling in internet is getting more popular all the time and it's a big market alongside with gay porn. You can watch gay live sex also in Spain as long as you are connected to internet.
Check it out: Gay Live Sex Video Chat
The rights of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Spain have undergone several dramatic changes in recent decades. Today Spain provides one of the highest degrees of liberty in the world for its LGBT community. However, this was not the case for much of Spain's history. The evolution from the Roman sexuality, where the sexual act and power relationships engendered were more important, to the modern concept of homosexuality as a type of sexuality and even lifestyle, was determined and modified by many factors. One of the main ones has been the influence of Christianity, which characterized sexuality as an act whose only goal was procreation, so that the other sexual activities were seen as sinful and contrary to God's wishes. This would be reflected in the legislation of the time, where sodomy was identified with State treason and punished harshly with death by fire. The turnabout point was marked by the Enlightenment, when individual liberties started gaining importance, to the point that in 1822 sodomy was taken out of the Spanish criminal code and effectively legalised. The slow and hard ongoing process toward acceptance of homosexuality was suddenly interrupted by the Spanish Civil War and Francisco Franco's regime, which precipitated a strong repression of the LGBT community in Spain. When the regime ended, the process resumed, although homophobia was strong.
Today, Spain is one of the eleven countries around the world that allows same-sex marriage and has the most progressive laws, since they also permit adoption by same-sex couples. Spanish LGBT culture has been exported internationally with film directors such as Pedro Almodóvar and events like the Europride celebrated in Madrid in 2007. Visibility of homosexuals has reached several layers of society that were previously unthinkable, such as the army, Guardia Civil, judges or priests, although in other areas like football there is still a way to go.
Despite being a Catholic majority country, homosexuality is quite tolerated in Spain and public display of same-sex affection would not likely stir hostility. In fact, same-sex marriages are legal and recognized by the government and provide legal benefits to same-sex couples. However, a gay friendly country does not always necessarily mean that the Spaniards are friendly to gays: (people in places like Madrid or Barcelona, which are 2 of the largest urban areas in Europe, will obviously have a more open view than those from rural areas). As in any other place, elderly people do usually have far more conservative points of view. Still, violence against gays is rarely heard of and Spain should be safe for most gay and lesbian travelers.
Other Adult Services
- Avd Francia, Valencia
There are different kind of other sexual services and places in Spain. You can visit for example a sex museum.
Dating in Spain can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com, for example, lets you meet local members in Spain and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of features like live chat rooms and member webcams so you know who you are chatting with before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Lots of transsexual escorts are working in Spain, especially on high season when the tourists arrive to Spanish travel destinations.
Sexual Services for Women
Women can find lots of locals and tourist guys to have sexual relationships. Also hot latin male escorts are advertising their services online.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
Make sure before booking a hotel that is it OK to bring guests to your room. This releases you having awkward situations on the reception if you'll have some company.
See also: Global list of girl friendly hotels
In Spain, pickpockets are not jailed if they steal less than €400. After they are arrested, they are automatically bailed to carry on pickpocketing so they can easily pay their €200 fine when they go to court. Many have been around the Spanish justice merry-go-round hundreds of times. Spanish pickpockets are really skillful but they are in competition with many more from South America.
Some people could try to take advantage of your ignorance of local customs.
- In Spanish cities, all taxis should have a visible fare table. Do not agree a fixed price to go from an airport to a city: in most cases, the taxi driver will be earning more money than without a preagreed tariff. Many taxi drivers will also demand a tip from foreign customers or even from national ones on the way to and from the airport. You might round up to the nearest euro when paying though.
- In many places of Madrid, especially near Atocha station, and also in the Ramblas of Barcelona, there are people ('trileros') who play the "shell game". They will "fish" you if you play, and they will most likely pick your pocket if you stop to see other people play.
- Before paying the bill in bars and restaurants, always check the bill and carefully scrutinize it. Some staff will often attempt to squeeze a few extra euros out of unsuspecting tourists by charging for things they did not eat or drink, or simply overcharging. This is true in both touristy and non-touristy areas. If you feel overcharged, bring it to their attention and/or ask to see a menu. It is also sometimes written (in English only) at the bottom of a bill that a tip is not included: remember that tipping is optional in Spain and Spanish people commonly leave loose change only and no more than a 5%-8% of the price of what they have consumed (not an American-style 15-20%), so avoid being fooled into leaving more than you have to.
- Many tourists have reported lottery scams whereby they are contacted via the Internet or fax and informed that they have won a substantial prize in the Spanish lottery (El Gordo), when in fact they have never participated in the lottery. They are asked to deposit an amount of money in a bank account to pay taxes and other fees before collecting the prize or coming to Spain to close the transaction.
- There have also been reports of a scam whereby a person is informed that he or she is the recipient of a large inheritance, and that funds must be deposited into a Spanish bank account so the inheritance can be processed.
- In another common scam, some tourists have received a bogus email purportedly sent from an individual well known to them and claiming that he or she is in trouble and needs funds.
Largest Cities in Spain
Position (Largest) - City - Population
- Madrid - 2,824,000
- Barcelona - 1,454,000
- Valencia - 736,000
- Seville - 695,000
- Zaragoza - 601,000
- Malaga - 542,000
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - 354,000
- Bilbao - 351,000
- Murcia - 350,000
- Valladolid - 317,000
- Cordoba - 307,000
- Palma de Mallorca - 302,000
- Vigo - 287,000
- Alicante - 272,000
- Gijón - 264,000
- Hospitalet de Llobregat - 255,000
- Granada - 242,000
- A Coruña - 241,000
- Vitoria-Gasteiz - 215,000
- Badalona - 210,000
- Santa Cruzde (Tenerife) - 203,000
- Oviedo - 199,000
- Móstoles - 196,000
- Elche - 191,000
- Sabadell - 186,000
- Santander - 183,000
- Jérez de la Frontera - 182,000
- San Sebastián - 177,000
- Leganés - 175,000
- Almeria - 170,000
- Cartagena - 170,000
- Terrassa - 164,000
- Alcaláde Henares - 163,000
- Fuenlabrada - 163,000
- Pamplona - 163,000
- Burgos - 162,000
- Salamanca - 158,000
- Albacete - 146,000
- León - 144,000
- Getafe - 143,000
- Alcorcón - 141,000
- Cadiz - 141,000
- Huelva - 140,000
- Castellón de la Plana - 136,000
- Badajoz - 124,000
- Logroño - 124,000
- Santa Coloma de Gramanet - 123,000
- La Laguna - -122,000
- Lleida 111,000
- Tarragona - 111,000
- Madrid, Malaga, Barcelona, Ibiza
- France, Paris, Nice
- Italy, Rome, Milan
- Prostitution and law in Spain
- Spanish Sex Phrasebook
- Age of consent in Spain
- Spain Strip Clubs
- Prostitution, Prostitution Prices, Street prostitution
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay and lesbian travel, Gay, Lesbian, Shemale, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Sexually transmitted disease, HIV/AIDS