Kamagra (Sildenafil), also referred to as Viagra Kamagra, is a generic brand of Sildenafil citrate (Viagra) used to treat male erectile dysfunction (ED). Manufactured by Ajanta Pharma (India) in a GMP certified facility, Kamagra is approved by the Indian FDA.
This Viagra alternative acts by inhibiting cyclic GMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5, an enzyme that is responsible for regulating the blood flow through the penis tissue by delaying the degradation of cGMP.
Kamagra was originally developed as an antihypertensive pill, which means its first indication was hypertension. However, today its main use is the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
The main condition treated with Kamagra, is defined as a persistent inability of achieving or maintaining a healthy erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. Although not threatening, this condition influences drastically the sexual intimacy and self confidence, reducing the quality of life.
Kamagra comes as little diamond-shaped pills colored in blue, available in single or four pills packs. The medicine is taken orally with liquids – preferably water.
The proper dosage of Kamagra for erectile dysfunctions is 50 mg per day
Tips for Kamagra use
1. GET INTO THE MOOD. Kamagra won't give you an instant erection. It only works when you're sexually aroused.
2. TAKE YOUR TIME. Kamagra can work for up to 3 hours. So relax. There's plenty of time. Begin by taking Kamagra 30 minutes to 1 hour before having sex.
3. EAT SMART BEFORE YOU START. Kamagra can be taken with or without food. But to get the quickest results, avoid high-fat meals before taking Kamagra.
4. IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED. For most men, Kamagra works the first or second time. But some men need to ease back into sex. And remember, Kamagra should not be taken more than once a day.
If you still don’t get results, your doctor may be able to provide tips for you and/or adjust your dosage.
You should not use Kamagra if you
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have a condition where sexual intercourse inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have liver disease
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- are allergic to sildenafil or any other ingredients in Kamagra 100mg tablets
- cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), itraconazole or ketaconazole (for fungal infections) alpha-blockers; like amlodipine for high blood pressure.
Kamagra 100mg tablet are generally well tolerated but it is always possible that you may experience side effects. The more common side effects include: headache, dizziness, flushing, indigestion, nasal congestion, diarrhoea, rash. More serious side effects include unusual heart beat, urinary tract infection (stinging or burning urine, more frequent need to pass urine), blood in the urine, changes in vision such as blurring, a blue colour to your vision or a greater awareness of light, persistant headache or fainting, bleeding from the nose.