At night time there are handful of street hookers along the street. Also many thai girls come to Khaosan Road to find tourist boys. So there is a big chance to get free pussy. After 2 AM there are also some ladyboys around to find easy drunken guys.
"Khaosan" translates as "milled rice", a reminder that in former times the street was a major Bangkok rice market. In the last 20 years, however, Khaosan Road has developed into a world famous "backpacker ghetto". It offers cheap accommodation, ranging from 'mattress in a box' style hotels to reasonably priced 3-star hotels. In an essay on the backpacker culture of Khaosan Road, Susan Orlean called it "The Place to Disappear." It is also a base of travel: coaches leave daily for all major tourist destinations in Thailand, from Chiang Mai in the North to Ko Pha Ngan in the South, and there are many relatively inexpensive travel agents who can arrange visas and transportion to the neighbouing countries of Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia, as well as Vietnam.
Khaosan shops sell handcrafts, paintings, clothes, pirated CDs, DVDs and second-hand books, plus many useful backpacker items.
There are several pubs and bars, where backpackers meet to discuss their travels. The area is internationally known as a center of dancing, partying, and just prior to the traditional Thai New Year (Songkran festival) of 13 April to 15 April, water splashing that usually turns into a huge water fight.
You can see guys on the Khaosan Road holding signs that say "Ping Pong Show". Be aware of them as most of them will take you to a "Ping Pong Show" club either nearby or further in Patpong red-light district area and scam you. It is not un-common to end up with a couple of thousand baht bill when Ping Pong Show with few beers should cost a maximum of few hundred bahts normally.
- Bangkok, Pattaya & Phuket
- Ages of consent in Asia
- Prostitution in Thailand
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Shemale,
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS