Manaus is a Brazilian city of about 2.5 million, located on the Rio Negro a few miles before it meets the Rio Solimões to form the Amazon River proper. The two rivers flow side by side for many miles, different in color, mixing in eddies: the "Meeting of the Waters." Legend has it that they never mix.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Red Light Districts
- 3 Prostitutes
- 4 Street Hookers
- 5 Amateurs / Non-Pros
- 6 Manaus Girls
- 7 Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
- 8 Brothels
- 9 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 10 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 11 Gay & Lesbian
- 12 Sexual Services for Women
- 13 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 14 Escort Services & Agencies
- 15 Sleeping
- 16 Stay Safe
- 17 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution itself (exchanging sex for money) in Brazil is legal, as there are no laws forbidding adult prostitution, but it is illegal to operate a brothel or to employ prostitutes in any other way.
- People say that Manaus is the easiest place in Brazil to get laid by local girls for free.
- Having sexual paid services in Manaus cost like every big city in Brazil.
Red Light Districts
The area around Av Joaquim Nabuco and R dos Andradas has lots of cheap hotels, this is a low-key red-light district and not particularly safe at night.
Prices for Brazilian prostitutes can vary a lot. You can have sex for about 10 reais with a working girl from the ghetto or favela or you can order a high-class escort which can cost you thousands of reais for one night.
- Down near the Praça da Matriz, Manaus's downtown nightlife scene degenerates into the sleazy mix of sailors and prostitutes traditional in a large port. Praça da Matriz itself remains reasonably safe, but it's best to stay off side streets like Rua Visconde de Mauá.
You can find street walkers from these areas in Manaus:
- Rua Lobo D'Alma from Remulos to Praca the Matriz.
- Zona around Palace Hotel.
- West side wing of Iglesia Nossa Senhora the Conceicao.
- North part of the Rodoviaria.
- Street with Low-end and medium bars. For example Big House, Aquarella's Bar and Natureza. (And Mistura Fina).
- Street with Ho- bars. Bar Holanda is located in this street.
- Street from Palace Hotel to Praca Dom Pedro II.
Amateurs / Non-Pros
People say that Manaus is the easiest place in Brazil to get laid by local girls for free. If you speak Portugese, it will be naturally way easier. Here are few places to try your luck. Some information might be outdated because clubs behaviour can change easily in a short priod of time:
- Balneario do Cia (Companhia)
- Nothing special.
- Forró da Cida.
- Ladeira do Forró
- Central do Forró (the top floor in Hotel Bellevue in centro, go early, closes at midnight)
- Celeiro Country
- Companhia do forró
- Planeta Talisma
- Casa da Mamae (ex Arrastâo, ex Símbola)
- Legiao 300
- Xote de Menina
- You´ll see a lot of really chubby, fat and ugly girls in Manaus. However there is a small percentage (about 10%) of beautiful girls. Some are really breath-taking stunners.
- Very few beautiful girls over 25 years.
- Be very cautious of the girls ages or you might get yourself into serious trouble.
- Go to Manaus for partying and f*ck around. Don´t expect to meet girls for serious relationships.
- The Manaus girls are the worst in Brazil when it comes to arriving late to dates.
Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
Strip clubs in Manaus:
- REMULOS,:Even though Remulos is loosing in quality it continues to be one of the most fun strip clubs in Brazil. Rua Lobo D'Almada, 363. Two blocks from Teatro Amazonas. Opens 18-19. Closes late. Entrance=R$10. Girl=R$ 50/30 min.
- AQUARIUS, Strip Club next door to Remulos.
- DAMA DA NOITE, A new Strip Club opposite Remulos. It opens around 3 PM and closes before midnight. The owner is the same as of Remulos. Most girls you see here you also see at Remulos.
- BLUE STAR, A Strip Club one block down from Remulos, on the other side of the street. It opens around 3 PM. A bit rough place. Quality varies a lot but usually a few doable girls. Cheaper than Remulos.
- VIP ROOM, A club four doors below Remulos. I never had the opportunity to check it out.
- BOITE JET SET, 91459788.
- KILDS, Near Posto Sacy, Rua Belem.
- MERLY GIRLS, Rua Monte Castelo 30, Japinho. 237 5637.
- MORANGOS BAR ( Antigo JB ), Rua Leonardo Marche.
- SKORPIONS, Rua Mundurucus 52, Centro, Manaus. 232 8813.
CENTRO CLUBS, LOW END - Close to the port, next to the Banco do Brasil there are two side-treets with lots of bars and strip-clubs. Located behind the bus stop (look for the sign "Hotel Central"). Some of these places are for afternoon/evening action.
- On the first street you´ll find 4 strip clubs:
- Natureza: Small place.
- Mistura Fina: Big place. Tabledances.
- Big House: Big place.
- Aquarella´s Bar: Big place. Tabledances.
- On the second street you´ll find ho-bars:
- Bar Anaconda
- Bar Holanda
- Bar do Junior
- Diplomata Drinks Bar
- Novo Mania
Note: All of the ho-bars are very sleazy and very lowend. Except for a few of the strippers there are almost no doable women. Go there to have fun, but don´t have any high expectations of meeting sexy girls. About 95% of the girls are not doable. R$ 20-30/30 min, R$ 7-10/room.
You can bang girls in Manaus for example in some of the strip club's private rooms.
Erotic Massage Parlors
People doesn't talk too much about these places but taxi drivers have said that they exist. Try to find massage parlor ads in Manaus from local newspapers or ask taxi drivers.
Transsexuals / Shemales
Gay & Lesbian
Due to its high degree of acceptance and tolerance, gay travel is increasingly popular in Brazil. Brazil is open to LGBT tourists.
Centro has two popular Manaus gay bars:
- Turbo Seven (TS), Rua Vivaldo Lima 33, Centro (tel. 092/3232-6793; Sat and Sun 11pm), features drag shows and go-go boys.
- Planeta A2, Rua Saldanha Marinho 780, Centro; (tel. 092/3673-0112; www.a2manaus.com.br), open Thursday to Saturday from 11pm to 6am.
Sexual Services for Women
Brazil has always been a very popular tourist destination due to its exotic wildlife, beautiful people, pristine beaches and raucous festivals like Carnival. But it appears that Brazil might be vying for the number one spot for sex tourism as well. Additionally, Brazil is a popular destination for female sex tourism, which generally does not see rates as high as male sex tourism. For female tourists, it should not be hard to find male companionship from a bar or a nightclub. Male escorts can be also found from internet in Brazil and price for sex is cheap.
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
Escort Services & Agencies
Girl Friendly Hotels
- Tropical Hotel seems to be Girl friendly.
Manaus is fairly safe for a Brazilian city of its size. As always, deserted streets are a bad idea after dark. Avoid the east zone, it has a really bad reputation.
- Brazil, São Paulo, Fortaleza, Manaus, Recife, Natal, Rio de Janeiro, Porto Alegre, Salvador
- Argentina, Buenos Aires
- Uruguay, Montevideo, Punta del Este
- Bolivia, La Paz
- Colombia, Medellín, Bogotá, Cartagena, Barranquilla
- Venezuela, Caracas, Maracaibo
- Chile, Santiago de Chile
- Peru, Lima
- Age of consent in Brazil
- Prostitution across the Americas, Termas
- Portugese Sex Phrasebook
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS
- The gender of Brazilian transgendered prostitutes (article)