Lima is the capital of Peru and its largest city.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Districts
- 3 Red Light District
- 4 Street hookers
- 5 Brothels
- 6 Strip clubs / Night clubs
- 7 Bars / Pubs / Clubs
- 8 Erotic massage parlors
- 9 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 10 Gay & Lesbian
- 11 Sexual Services for Women
- 12 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 13 Escort services, agencys, escorts
- 14 Sleeping
- 15 Stay safe
- 16 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution is legal for women over 18 years of age if they register with municipal authorities and carry a health certificate. Brothels must be licensed. The vast majority of prostitutes work in the informal sector, where they lack health protection. Individual police officers tolerate the operation of unlicensed brothels.
Metropolitan Lima is a metropolis of almost 8.5 million people. Many of these people have migrated from the Andes mountains to find work in Lima, without success. For this reason, there is widespread poverty in the city center and in the peripheral areas. If you fly into Lima, the first thing you see upon leaving the airport is these types of poor neighborhoods between the airport and Lima's historic center.
The following pages include the province of Callao and the province of Lima and their districts
- Barranco — a bohemian beach-side neighborhood known for its nightlife.
- Central Lima — Includes the Centro Historico, Plaza Mayor (Plaza de Armas) and Plaza San Martin, churches, colonial architecture, the presidential palace, congress, and shopping streets.
- Javier Prado East — the southeast
- Javier Prado West — the southwest, Brena, the historic Pueblo Libre, San Isidro, the business district and the port area Callao
- Miraflores — an upscale touristy neighborhood with restaurants, nightlife, and hotels
- Rio Lurin South — the far south, south of Rio Lurin
- Rio Rimac North — north of Rio Rimac
Red Light District
- The tourist area in the middle of the city, Miraflores (Pizza Alley) is considered kind of a red-light district in Lima. It's full of tourists, locals and normal people but there are definitely many prostitutes after dark hanging around as well.
You can find street walkers in Lima from:
- Pizza Alley, Miraflores.
- The area around Polvos Azules.
La Victoria / Santa Catalina:
- Arriola near the Cruz del Sur bus station.
Here is a list of brothels in Lima. Some information is from 2008.
- Pedro Conde 326, piso 1. 5 Chicas. Prices: S/32 20 min., S/100 30 min, S/160 hour. Hours: 11am until 9pm Monday to Saturday. This is a house located in on the third block of Pedro Conde. Ring the ground floor buzzer and a guy comes down from the upstairs apartment.
- Dragon Hostal, De Petit Thours 2471, on cuadra 27. 3 Chicas. Prices: S/140 40 minutes. Hours: Monday through Saturday 10am until 8pm.
- Luanys, Calle Ignacio Merino between cuadra 18 and 17. 4-5 Chicas. Prices: S/50, S/70 with BBBJ (bare-back BJ). Ask to be let off at 1740 Ignacio Merino. Once you get there turn your head to the right and you will see a little alley way. Go inside the hostal is right there with a sign outside. It is a hostal with a few girls that have rooms. Say hi and here they will tell you who is available. You are entering this place dropping names so they think you know what you are doing, so you may not have many choices. Just nod and say thank you then they will tell you which room to knock on.
Centro de Lima (Be Careful in this Area):
- El Botecito, Avenida Argentina, Calle 18. Prices: S/13 Entrance on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesdays, others days S/10, Chica Prices: S/15 30 mins. Hours: 3pm to 10pm.
- Las Cucardas, Ricardo Treneman 875, corner of Cuadra 9 Av. Colonial at Av. Argentina. 10+ Chicas. Prices: Entrance fee S/20 includes a drink and condom. Two Shifts 9:00 am to 6:00 pm for the first Chicas S/40, not too many chicas this early. Second shift 6:00 pm until it closes. Chicas S/50. Tel: 330-0370, 423-7202, 431-6891. Taxi at night from Miraflores S/8-10, Taxi S/10-15 to go back. Hours: Open until 1am Sunday to Wednesday, 3am Thursday to Saturday.
- La Nenne, next door to Las Cucardas. 6+ Chicas. Entrance S/5.
- San Martin Chongo, in the caketa (kah-que-tah) barrio. Prices: Entrance S/1, Chicas S/ 20+. Hours: 7:30pm to 2am. If the driver do not have the exact cross street, ask for the chongo by name and say caketa. It shouldnt be far from Las Cucardas. A taxi from Miraflores should be $10/11 soles. Open 7:30pm till I think 2am. You pay one sole entrance and 20 soles for the girl maybe a little more for gringos.
La Victoria (Not the Safest Area):
- El Naranjito, near the Gammara Market. Prices: S/14 completo. Hours: from 10am. This is a total shit house brothel (not too many hot girls) located near the Gammara Market. Directions: Take Combi to Arequipa from Miraflores and get off at the cross section of Arequipa and 28 de Julio. Hop a Combi on 28 de Julio towards Gammara Market (50 centimos) and get off on Aviacion and 28 de Julio. Walk across the street to your left on Aviacion (about two blocks) towards Calle Garcia Naranjo passing stalls selling used clothes. Keep looking for a black metal door with the name "Marisol" written on it. Prices: S/14 which depending on the girl includes anal. You should not look too white or too clean if you want to go there. It opens at 10am so get there before 1pm to avoid crooks.
- La Rica Miel, Av. Alfonso Uguarte 768, Stanford cuadra 7 next to Loaysa Hospital.
- Hotel Yan Sem, Bauzate and Meza 1573.
- Hotel (name?) Av. Mexico 1513.
- Hotel Naranjita
- Trocadero Club (El Salvaje), Avenida Argentina 1859, Calle 18 at Avenida A. Palacios, near the Minka shopping area, enter door on the right. 200 rooms, 20-30 Chicas. Prices: S/13-S/20 Entrance, Beer S/7, Chicas S/20 30 mins. Hours: 3pm to 10-11pm.
- El Bote, Avenida Argentina 1859, Calle 18 at Avenida A. Palacios, near the Minka shopping area, enter door on the left. 100 rooms. Prices: S/13-S/20 Entrance, Beer S/7, Chicas S/20 30 mins. Hours: 3pm to 10-11pm.
- Anaconda Bar, Calle las Fraguas 365, Ovalo Naranjal (Pan American Norte), off expressway in a warehouse industrial area, is located diagonal and across the street from La Estacion. Prices: Beer S/5, Chicas S/30 15-20 min. Tel: 529-9842. Hours: Nights only till 2am.
- La Estacion, Calle las Fraguas, Ovalo Naranjal, Pan American Norte). Prices: Entrance S/1, Beer S/5, Chicas S/30/50. Hours: 24/7.
Strip clubs / Night clubs
Centro (Up and down Avenida Colmena you will see neon blue lights with barkers outside. These are the strip clubs. Be careful in this area.):
- Naomi Club, Jr. Ruffino Torrico # 869, in front of the Hotel Crillon. Hours: 24/7.
- Oasis Strip Club, Avenida Colmena 560. This one of the numerous strip bars you will find up and down Colmena starting at around 7pm at night maybe going to 2am. It had the most people and a really cute assortment of girls. The cost to get in is S/1 and a beer costs S/5. There is a stage with girls dancing to reggae, most were topless but never saw any bush. The deal is there are private rooms in the back and for S/50 you can touch feel each other up etc. It was told the S/50 include a bottle of some kind of drink and when the bottle runs out so does your time. It was also told sex is available depending on the girl you choose. Arrange anything before you go in the back. There is word that an upstairs exists and that sex in a more formal setting takes place however from reading and asking around. There is talk on the Peru Tops board that some girls bullshit you once you get back into the privados so choose carefully. It’s a good place to get loaded for cheap and feel up a girl. This local and the rest on Colmena have a very local crowd so go low key and know some Spanish.
- Flamingo Strip Bar, Avenida Colmena 686. Same deal as Oasis but on a Friday night less people. The stage is huge and tables surround it. You can chat up a girl for a S/20 drink and MAYBE go to a private room in back.
- La Rumba (Varadero), La Colmena 592-598.
- Palmeras 2, Av. La Colmena 691.
- La Gruta Azul 3, Jr. Quilca 317.
- El Safari Club, Jr. Rufino Torrico 779. Prices: Drinks S/10.
- Club Emmanuelle, Av. Rivera Navarrete 465. 25 Dancers. Prices: Drinks S/7, Chicas US$120. Tel: 422-5055.
- Eclipse Club, Augusto Tamayo 158, in back of C.C. San Isidro. Prices: S/80 Cover, plus 2 beers, Chica Prices: US$80-100, S/105 exit fee. Tel: 440 4913.
- Casanova Night Club, Miguel Seminario 365. Prices: Cover S/50, Room fee S/60, Chicas S/100+. Tel: 421-6682.
- 69 Club, John Paul Sartre 190, corner of Calle Uno with Jr. Allende, up from 18 y 19 de Angamos Este. 10 Dancers. Prices: S/80 Cover, Room Fee S/140. Chica Prices: US$70-$100 hr. Take Out fee S/50. Tel: 225-8294, 225 8218. Hours: Monday to Fridays 7:30pm, Saturdays 9pm.
- Suites of Barranco, Av. República de Panamá 250. 10 Dancers. Prices: S/80 entrance fee, US$70 exit fee, US$120 Chica TLN. Tel: 247-2892.
- Moonlight, Calle Preciados 153, Higuereta-Surco. Prices: Drinks S/30, Privados US$120. Tel: 449-3300.
- Club Eros, Av. La Marina 2372, near Callao. Prices: S/20 Entry fee, Chicas S/150, Takeout S/50. Tel: 562 0100. Hours: Open 8pm.
La Victoria / Santa Catalina:
- Madonna Club, Av. Nicolás Arriola 157, First block, Avenida Nicolas Areola, in front of the Clinica Ricardo Palma. A Member is part owner. 10+ Dancers. Prices: Entry fee S/20 includes a drink. Takeout Bar Fine S/70 for two hours, “loss of service to the club fee”. Tel: 470-0163. Hours: Open 8pm to 6am. (Print out the Admission Ticket to show the taxi driver).
- Golden Peppers, Av. Nicolás Arriola 393. Tel: (511) 472-4232. Hours: Monday to Saturday 8 p.m.
- Decameron, Carlos Villarán 1067. Prices: Drinks S/4. Tel: 225-5618.
- Kamasutra Night Club, Calle Santa Cecilia 265. Tel: 326-0398.
- Scarlett’s Club, in la cuadra 52 de la Calle Los Yunques and Av. Naranjal, near Altura Ovalo Naranjal and also Panamerican Norte. Panamerican 17. Prices: Entry fee S/25, Chicas S/80. Tel: 522-4984. Hours: 24.
Bars / Pubs / Clubs
Here is a list of bars, pubs and clubs in Lima:
- Tequila Rocks, Calle Jr. Diez Canseco 146, next to Parque Kennedy. Prices: S/20 Entrance, Chicas US$50-100. Tel: 444 3661, 445 4116. Hours: Open 9pm-9am.
- Freiheit, Lima 471, in front of Parque Kennedy. Tel: 01/247-4630.
- O'Murphy's Irish Pub, Shell 627. Tel: 01/242-1212.
- Son de Cuba, Bulevar San Ramón 277. Tel: 01/ 445-1444.
- The Hard Rock Club, off Calles Las Pizzas.
- Crypto Bar, maybe also known as Zarco Bar.
Gringo Bars (Pick up Spots):
- Flying Dog Pub, Diez Canseco for early action.
- The Old Pub, Calle Pizzas for early action.
- English Pub, Pizzy Alley.
- Huaringa Bar, located on Plaza Bolognesi.
- La Posada del Mirador, Pasaje La Ermita 104. Tel: 01/477-1120.
- Nuevo Acantilado de Barranco, Pasaje La Ermita 102. Tel: 01/247-2145.
- Amnesia, Bulevar Sánchez Carrión 153, near the municipal square. Tel: 01/477-9577. Hours: Thursday through Saturday.
- Tequila Rocks, Republic de Panama 3555.
- Peppers Nightclub, Navarette 840, local 107-110, at Juan de Arona. Prices: Beers S/10, Exit S/50, Chica S/100. Tel: 221-4320. Hours: Nights. It is located down the street from the Emanuelle Strip Club. You need to go into a mini plaza galleria sort of thing where you will find two tiny bars crowded and very difficult to fit into. Prices: S/10 beers. There are girls available for takeout, about S/50 salida fee. You will see barkers outside on the street before you go into the little galleria.
- Two Stars
- Platinum. Prices: S/100.
- Tequila Rocks, Av Brazil 902, esq. Red Global. Prices: US$50-100, S/7-8 taxi from Miraflores. Tel: 424 5367, 445 4116. Hours: 7 days 6pm to 9am.
- Tequila Rocks, Ave. La Marina 1508. Prices: US$50-100, S/7-8 taxi from Miraflores. Tel: 460 3755. Hours: 7 days 6pm to 9am.
Erotic massage parlors
Here is a list of places to have a massage and other things:
- Hotel Bruce Sauna, Jr. Bolognesi 181-191, near Vivanda from Pardo Ave. Prices: S/40 Entrance S/40 Massage, S/300 + for full service. Tel: 445 3198, 445 3200. Hours: 2pm to 2am.
- Masajes Diez Canseco, 1st block of Diez Canseco, 4th floor. Prices: Massage S/25 30 min., S/35 60 min, Sauna and Massage S/50, S/30 HJ, S/50 BJ. Tel: 241-7207. Hours: 10 am to 10 pm.
- Ubicado en Masajes, Diez Canseco 1xx, 3rd floor, near Tequilas. Prices: S/35 60 min, Sauna and Massage S/50, S/40 BJ, S/75 Complete.
- Banos Turcos Britania, Calle Arica 221, a block from Av J Pardo and Cmdte Espinar, Cdra 2. Prices: Massage S/30, Chica S/200. Hours: Monday to Saturday noon to 9pm.
- Baños Turcos, Manuel Bonilla? #162, button 201. Tel: 241-0263, 241-4300, call first.
- Sauna Royal Spa, Av. Republica de Panama # 6570, between 28 de Julio and Mariscal Castilla. Prices: S/25 Entrance, S/30 massage, S/150 sex. Tel: 242-2490. Hours: 10 am to 3am.
- Ozono Spa (Ex-Romano), Contralmirante Villar 760, the back of cuadra 7 de la Av. Del Ejército. Prices: Entrance S/35, Massage S/35, Extras S/300. Tel: 221-1959. Hours: 10am to 1am.
- La Esperanza 237, 5th floor.
- Finish Sauna, Calle Jose de la Torre Ugarte # 270, in between Av. Arequipa (cdra 25) & Av. Pettit Thoars. Prices: S/30, S/35 Sauna and massage. Sex: S/100 to 150. Tel: 583-7233. Hours: 7 days 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Karlos Ysique Salon (Aqua Sauna & Spa), Av. Arenales #2685, at 1 Cdra. Av. Javier Prado. Massage Only? Prices: Entrance S/20. S/40 massage, S/150 extras. Tel: 422-7625. Hours: Monday to Saturday 9:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Lion’s Spa, Av. Arenales 2024-2032, Cuadra 20. Prices: Entrance S/20, S/150. Tel: 471-5559, 471-5565. Hours: 24.
- Emy Spa, Av, Cesar Vallejo 140, Segundo Piso, Cdra 1. Prices: Sauna S/45-50, Extras S/60-120. Tel: 472 8846. Hours: 10am to 9pm.
- Sauna 693 Av. de Arenales, piso 2, Cdra 6. Prices: Massage S/30. Hours: 10am to 9pm.
- Turcos (Hotel Los Andes Spa), Av. Angamos Oeste 833, piso 8, near Av. Aviación, taxi NE of markets, with 3 floors sauna showers, Jacuzzi. 6-7 Chicas. Prices: S/20 entrance, S/20 massage, S/4 for 2 condoms, S/70 HJ, S/130 30 min. S/200 hour, full service. Tel: 447-8177. Hours: 24.
- Sala de Masajes, Av. Angamos Oeste 355, Dpto. 801. Prices: S/30 30 min, S/50 hour, Extras: desnudo S/30, oral S/50, no hay más. Tel: 780-0139. Hours: 10 am to 10 pm.
- King Spa, Av. Aviación #2938. Prices: Entrance S/20, Massage S/30, Extras S/80-150. Tel: 225-2715, 225-2860. Hours: 24.
- Banos Turcos Atenas, Av. Aviación 3040, 1er. Piso, Timbre 101, alongside Tacos. Hours: 9am to 9pm.
- Gold Spa, Av. Aviación 3360, 33rd block. Prices: Entrance S/20 soles, massage S/25 (between 1 pm and 5pm, massage S/15.) Extras: HJ 80, BJ 120, sex between S/160 and S/180 (late night add S/30). Tel: 226-3388. Hours: 11 am to 5 am.
- Av. Aviación 4222. Prices: Massage S/35, S/60 seminude, oral S/120 and completo S/180, hour. Tel: 273 6969. Hours: 9am to 10pm.
- Calle Stravinski, cuadra 1, with 24 de la Av. Aviación, in front of Torres de Limatambo. Prices: S/30 45 min. massage, S/80 nude, S/50 oral, S/150 completo. Tel: 226-0536. Hours: 10am to 10pm.
- Baños Turcos, Mariano #660. Prices: S/100. Tel: 733-7082, call first, password.
- Ying Yang Spa, Calle Lopez de Ayala # 1098 Office 203, altura de la cuadra 27 de la Av Aviación. Prices: Massage S/40, Extras S/140. Tel: Reservas: 225-4747. Hours: Monday to Saturday 11:00am to 9:30pm.
La Victoria / Santa Catalina:
- Relax y Vida, Av. Carlos Villaran #121, behind the Interbank. Prices: S/80 entrance, S/35 30 min. Massage, Sauna, HJ, S/60 90 min. Massage Only, if you get anything Extra, Don’t blab about it. Tel: 265-5370.
- Turcos Arriola (Relax y Vida #2), Av. Nicolas Arriola #290, Dpt. 205. Prices: S/60 entrance, S/50 hour. Massage Only, if you get anything Extra, Don’t blab about it. Tel: 225-0669. Hours: Monday to Friday 5:30 pm to 11:30 pm. Saturday, Sunday, Holidays 10:00 am to 10:30 pm.
- Tambo Spa and Sauna, Av. Nicolas Arriola 501, Cdra. 5, one block from Av. Canada. 7+ Chicas. Prices: Massage S/30, S/200 full service. Tel: 472 4280. Hours: 10am to 5am.
- Cavin Spa, Calle Rodolfo Beltran 175, near Quinones Bridge. Prices: S/20, S/26 massage, S/130- S/180 for full service. Tel: 475-9470. Hours: 24.
- Ely Spa, 2da. Cuadra Nicolas Arriola. Prices: Massage S/45-50, Extras S/150. Tel: 471 6085. Hours: Monday to Saturday 9am to 9pm.
- La Marina Spa, La Marina 2865. 9-10 Chicas. Prices: S/25 entry, S/10 for drinks, S/26 massage, S/120 for sex, S/30 to rent the room. Tel: 578-2476. Hours: 10am to 10pm.
- Golden Tower, Cruce Av. Universitaria y la Av. La Marina, es un edificio de 8 pisos. Prices: Massage S/35, Extras S/80-120.
- Hotel Sol y Luna / Baños Turcos, Av. La Mar 2378, (Back of Cine Planet de la Plaza San Miguel). Prices: Massage S/25-35, Extras S/60-120. Tel: 452-2452, 464-5797. Hours: 10am to 10pm.
Las Acacia / La Molina:
- La Molina Spa Los Frutales 365. Cuadra 22 de la Av. Separadora Industrial. 10 Chicas. Prices: S/30-S/100. Tel: 349 9383. Hours: Open 9am to 10pm.
- Banos Turcos La Molina, Av. Los Constructores 496. Tel: (1) 349-8640, (1) 349-8640, (1) 823-5765.
- U'omo Spa, Paseo Libertad 299, corner of Av. La Marina cdra. 4. Prices: S/90 hour. Tel: 462-1761. Hours: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Jr. Ruffino Torrico 559 piso 4 room 405, located between 3rd and 4th Av. on Avenida Emancipacion. Prices: S/ 10 Massage, CBJ S/10 extra. Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm. You will recognize the street Ruffino Torrico. Go up to the room 404 buzz and then someone will show you to a girl. Prices: The massage is 10 soles then you can choose either manual (jack off) or covered blowjob for an additional 10 soles. Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm.
- Sala de Masajes, Jr. Ica 121, 4º Piso. Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm.
- Revital Banos Turcos, near cuadra 15 of Ave. Colonial right before Penas coming from Plaza Dos de Mayo. Prices: S/20 massage, S/120 compeleto. Prices: The cost is S/20 for the massage then S/120 for the completo.
- Sauna Spa, Oscar R. Benavides 4250, past the cross section where Elmer Faucett and Colonial meet. Go over/under the overpass and look across the street, on the left hand side coming from Plaza Dos de Mayo. 3 Chicas. Prices: S/50 30 min. Hours: 24/7.
- Dolphins Spa, Eucaliptos 555, in the Dolphin Hotel/Casino. Massage Only? 2 Shifts of chicas from 8am to 8pm. Besides the standard steam rooms, Jacuzzi, swimming pool, bar, snacks, etc. Hours: 24/7.
- Baños Turcos Windsor, Miguel Dasso #156. Tel: 440-1050. Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-10pm.
Transsexuals / Shemales
Here you can find transexual escorts in Lima:
Gay & Lesbian
There is lot of action and many many places to visit for Gay & Lesbian people in Lima.
GAY SAUNAS AND BATHHOUSES:
- Sauna 69, Emilio Fernández 782
- Baños Turcos 240, Jiron Tarma 240
- Oupen Sauna, Av. 28 de Julio 171
- Sauna Cesar, Jiron Lampa 1178. 2do. Piso.
- Sauna Ozono, Av. del Ejército 1241
- Sauna Roma, Petit Thouars 2530
- Sauna Sagitario, Rufino Torrico 936. Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.; Su: 06:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Baños Tivoli, Av. Petit Thouars 4041
GAY BARS AND CLUBS: There are many gay bars. Here are some of them.
- Tabu Video Disco Bar, Av Daniel Hernandez 299. 3er piso.
- Tabbu, Av. Canevaro 289
- Chalas Bar, Av. Canevaro 116
- PK2, Av. Petit Thouars 1868
- Fun House, Pasaje Garcia Calderon 149
- K-prichos, Av. Colmena 767. (Av. Nicolás de Pierola 767), 2do nivel.
LESBIAN BARS AND CLUBS:
- Isla Griega, Martín Murúa 109. interior 15.
- Indalos, Av. Sucre 170
- Discoteca Escorpio, Martín de Murúa 109. 2do. piso.
- Discoteca Ibiza, Av. Wilson (Avenida Garcilaso de la Vega)
- Twin Life, Calle Alfonso Ugarte, 220 A
- Bun Bun, Av. Faucett 484
BARS AND CLUBS for mixed LGBT guests: There are many LGBT bars. Here are some of them.
- Euforia, Av. Salvador Allende 1127
- La Avenida 13 (La Trece), Manuel Segura 270
- Discoteca Sala Vid, Av. Santo Cristo. Mz. A Lt. 5.
- Discoteca Unlimited, Av. Habich 618
- Discoteca 1031, Entre los cruzes de las Av. Tacna / Colmena / Wilson.
- 80 Divas, Av. Larco, 1249
Sexual Services for Women
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
Escort services, agencys, escorts
From these sites you can find escorts in Lima:
See also: Global list of girl friendly hotels
If you witness a crime being committed, do not intervene unless you are really sure of what you are doing: many criminals, even pickpockets, carry guns, knifes, etc and may use them if feeling threatened.
In general, a tried and true technique for staying safe in Lima is to simply maintain a low profile. Leave the Rolex at home, don't wear the fine suit and don't carry a laptop when hailing taxis on the street, and keep a relaxed, friendly, smiling attitude. If you do need to go out dressed like a gringo, call a taxi rather than hire one in the moment - the few moments you wait and the few extra soles you pay will be worth it.
Staying safe for adults can also require an understanding of the sexual climate of Peru. In general Peru is a relatively conservative country in the sense of male and female roles, but at the same time Peruvians are extremely open to friendships with foreigners. Thus, some males can find themselves suddenly the object of flirtation by attractive young Peruvian women, but then be suddenly rejected for having violated some unwritten line of conduct in, say, discussion topics. Women can find themselves the object of unwanted looks and stares, but at the same time the risk of violence and rape is probably not as high as in many other countries.
A problem that can arise is the Peruvian concept of the pepera, found at certain night clubs or pubs. Peperas are usually attractive women aged 16-25 that deliberately entice foreign tourists and then spike their drinks with sleeping pills and rob them once they're unconscious. Usually peperas work in groups of two, although smaller and larger groups exist as well. Male "peperos" also spike the drinks of women but robbery is often accompanied by rape. Peperas in general are found in dense tourist areas, such as Park Kennedy in Miraflores as well as the Plaza Mayor (former: Plaza de Armas) in central Lima. One locale in particular that is notorious for dangerous peperas is the Tequila Rock discoteca in Miraflores and its sister in Pueblo Libre (La Marina).
Another cultural concept worth learning is the "brichera" (or "brichero"). There are two types of bricheras: the first type are women that are genuinely looking to meet foreign men in the hopes of dating or marriage or even a quick fling. The second type are women that search for foreign men with the implicit purpose of exchanging sex for small gifts or money. This second type of brichera is risky, especially for foreigners lacking local sensibilities, since it involves prostitution. These bricheras do not use contraception reliably, and therefore pose a higher risk for transmitting STDs (Sexual Transmited Diseases). If you decide to have a fling, make sure to use a condom.
Districts of note
Some areas of Lima are safer than others: Miraflores and San Isidro have large populations of well-to-do and wealthy Peruvians, not to mention large tourist groups, so they have large police presence to protect the population. Other districts, such as La Victoria, are much more dangerous. Visitors would be well advised to stay out of these areas unless accompanied by an experienced native or visiting busy areas during daylight hours. Downtown Lima is normally well patrolled but be careful anyway. Callao (the port, technically a different city) is rather rough: ask for advice before going there if you plan to. The area around the airport is generally safe and well guarded but use common sense while lugging your luggage outside the airport.
When you ask a taxi driver to take you to a club, the taxi driver might suggest a "different" club. The reason being he tells the club he brought in a new client, he will tell you the entrance fee is S/80. You pay the fee and the driver collects about S/60-70, with only S/10-20 going to the club.
Another important point to be taken into consideration is that you should not pick up just any taxi, especially when you are leaving the airport. It is not strange to hear news that some taxi drivers cheated tourists (for example, going from the northeast point of the city to the southeast part would take you at most 50 soles and that is the largest distance in Lima so do not pay more than that) by charging them 100 or even 200 soles for normal rides (even though Peruvian taxi drivers normally tend to increase their fares in front of gringos, it is not a massive difference). It is most advisable to use one of the official taxi companies inside the airport (such as Green Taxi) with set fares to ensure your safety or you may use taxidatum.com, which is a large taxicab database where you can identify the driver, automobile and other relevant information before arriving to Lima,you can also book your taxicab service online with one reputable company and the taxicab driver will be waiting for you at your arrival , don't take any risk when choosing your taxicab service in Lima Perú.
Taxi drivers (Maldita sea taxistas) have also been known to participate in robberies, express kidnappings or serve as get away vehicles. While the overwhelming majority of Lima's taxistas are honest hard working people trying to make a living, you should be alert if you are going to hail a taxi on the street, especially if you appear to be wealthy and/or a foreigner. Your safest bet is to have your hotel call a taxi for you or keep the numbers of official taxi companies ("radio taxis", which are marked with registered numbers) handy. Lima's tourist information centers will be willing to call one for you as well.