Glasgow Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Glasgow, Scotland.
Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland, with a population of about 600,000 in the city itself and over 2 million if the surrounding towns of the Clydeside conurbation are taken into account. Located at the west end of Scotland's Central Belt on the banks of the River Clyde, Glasgow's historical importance as Scotland's main industrial centre has been challenged by decades of change and various regeneration efforts. Today the third largest city in the entire United Kingdom by population, it remains one of the nation's key economic centres outside London.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Glasgow Female Escorts
- 3 Red Light District
- 4 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 5 Street Hookers
- 6 Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
- 7 Brothels
- 8 Erotic Massage Parlors / Saunas
- 9 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 10 Gay and Lesbian
- 11 Sexual Services for Women
- 12 BDSM
- 13 Swingers and Contacts clubs
- 14 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 15 Escort Services & Agencies
- 16 Sleeping
- 17 Stay Safe
- 18 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal but a number of related activities, including soliciting in a public place, kerb crawling, owning or managing a brothel, pimping and pandering, are crimes.
It is illegal to buy sex from a person younger than 18, although the age of consent for non-commercial sex is 16.
Sex work in Glasgow has moved off the streets, as women organise meetings online or by phone. In the past three years GCSS has worked with about 450 female street prostitutes, while police figures last year estimated that there were 898 indoor prostitutes in Glasgow.
In Glasgow there were 47 soliciting offences in 2010-11 and 86 in 2011-2012.
Glasgow Female Escorts
Check out WikiSexGuide Adult Classifieds!
Red Light District
Glasgow has an acknowledged red light area, which is covered by many CCTV cameras and police present is common. Girls in the main are not charged with soliciting offences within this area. This is seen as a short-term measure to ensure girl’s safety but is not viewed as a long-term solution. The main Red-light district area is around Blythswood square and south of that towards Argyle street.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Some of the women involved in Glasgow's prostitution are citizens of this city who find themselves socially excluded and unable to participate in the life of the city, but there are also foreign sex workers mostly from Eastern European countries.
Street Prostitution in Glasgow remains a significant issue for the city- Despite a perceived move 'off street', the number of girls involved in on-street prostitution in the past year is around 300. Community Safety Glasgow takes the view that prostitution is inherently harmful to those involved and therefore should not be tolerated. Prostitution occurs across Glasgow 24 hours a day and as a result it is difficult to gain a full picture of exactly who is involved. Street prostitution tends to involve women in their mid 20's who have experienced drug use or other problems. Most women involved in to the street prostitution are drug and alcohol dependent and feel they have no other choice other than being involved in prostitution to fund this habit. Unfortunately a number of women involved in Glasgow also are responsible for other forms of criminality likely to be linked to the need for funds to pay for a drug addiction. The most popular form of prostitution in Glasgow is escorts because it is so much safer and easier to work from indoors and just wait for the calls, than stand on the street corner during a rainy day. Many massage parlours and nude bars are also fighting for the money involved in a Glasgow´s sex business.
Glasgow City Council recognises street prostitution as a significant social problem in Glasgow, which affects women, families and communities. As with other social problems the Council has a lead role to play in tackling the causes and the impact of prostitution. The Council is therefore publicly stating its commitment to taking action on this issue, which has blighted the lives of so many Glasgow women for so long. Women are often involved in prostitution because of their need to fund drug use and because they have no other viable or legitimate means of earning the amount of money which they require.
Purchasers of streetwalkers are not tolerated in Glasgowr: the number of people caught kerb crawling in Glasgow was up 80% in 2011-12 – the highest figure since legislation was introduced. Street workers usually asks from £20 to £50 for short time service.
You can find street walkers in Galasgow in the area west of Central Station. Specifically:
- The western end of Argyle Street
- Cadogan Street
- Holm Street
- Wellington Lane
- West Campbell Street
- Wellington Street
- Blythswood Street
- Douglas Street
Strip Clubs & Lap Dance
Most people who visit the Glasgow nude bars fell it is not prostitution, but ‘entertainment’ and think the women work in a nice environment, and are there freely. The customers also feel they are a ‘better class’ than they people who seek sex elsewhere. Some of the Glasgow nude bars are also popular among the people hosting a bachelor party or a similar event.
Here is a list of strip clubs in Glasgow:
- Diamond Dolls • 39 Mitchell Street • 01412263490
- Forbidden • 96 Maxwell Street • 0141 221 4657
- Platinum Lace • 24 Drury Street • 01412290714
- Seventh Heaven • 15 Elmbank Gardens • 01412212272
Most, but not all of of the prostitutes in Glasgow operate out of apartments, saunas or massage parlours. These are all illegal brothels and it is estimated that part of the illegal brothels are run by the Albanian mafia, but this may not be true anymore as police has busted lots of venues lately.
Erotic Massage Parlors / Saunas
Some people say that saunas in Glasgow are not as good as in Edinburgh. But you should still get quite good service and most working girls at the saunas are very attractive. Entrance fee varies from £20 to 40 and girls charge from £40 to £80 at the saunas. Massage parlors cost about the same and one hour massage varies from £30 to £50 and Happy Ending services vary from a Hand Job to sex, and cost from £20 to £80.
Here are few massage parlors ans saunas in Glasgow:
- The Lane, 60 Robertson Street, Glasgow, G2 8LY. T. 0141 221 1802
- New Blythswood, 41b York Street, Glasgow, G2 8JQ. T. 0141 204 3434
- St Enoch Club, 56 Howard Street, Glasgow, G1 4EE. T. 0141 226 5258
- Venus Sauna, 72 Sandyford Place Lane, Glasgow, G3 7HS. T. 0141 221 8722
- Xanadu, 17 Royal Crescent, Glasgow, G3 7SL. T. 0141 332 2277
Transsexuals / Shemales
Most tranny escorts in Glasgow advertise online and this is mostly the only way they seek clients. To have sex with these t-girls cost usually £80-$150 for 30 minutes and £150-£200 an hour. You should always ask in advance what kind of services the transsexual you are going to go visit does, as some of them are only active in the bed (meaning they are the ones who penetrates) and this may not be the way you prefer things to happen. You may also bump in to a TS/TV/TG or CD girl at the local gay venues as many of them also like to have a glass or two during the weekend.
Gay and Lesbian
The chic Merchant City, in the eastern part of the central part of Glasgow, is home to almost all of the gay bars and clubs, as well as independent art galleries and cafes. Glasgow's gay scene revolves around the trendy bars and cafes of this cosmopolitan area. Virginia Street and John Street are loaded with trendy, gay friendly pubs, as are many other streets in this area. Gay Glasgewians tend to be friendly and unpretentious, and the nightlife scene reflects this relaced attitude.
Pride Glasgow 2015 will be a 2 day main festival event over the weekend of Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of August 2015 at Glasgow Green.
Here are few Gay Saunas and Bathhouses in Glasgow for men:
- The Pipeworks Glasgow, 5-10 Metropole Lane
- The Lane Sauna (CLOSED), 60 Robertson Street
Here are some Bars, Pubs and Clubs for mixed LGBT customers:
- MILK Glasgow, 17 John Street
- Speakeasy, 10 John Street
- Underground Glasgow, 6a John Street
- Polo Lounge, 84 Wilson Street
- Riding Room, 58 Virginia Street
- The Merchant Pride, 20 Candleriggs
- Delmonicas, 68 Virginia Street
- Court Bar, 69 Hutcheson Street
- AXM Club, 80-90 Glassford Street
Sexual Services for Women
There are male sex worker in Glasgow who work as an escort or as a masseur from their own flats. Most of these male prostitutes charge at £50 an hour. Some of the male escorts are very experienced and hung and their services are usually more expensive. If you do not want to use prostitutes services, it is also quite easy to find sex partners from the local pubs and clubs.
There are few very well experienced BDSM escorts working in Glasgow and most of these dominatrix girls charge at least £100 for half-hour or £150 an hour. Violate and Club Noire are the best BDSM clubs in Glasgow. There are also groups in Glasgow that gather together often in private apartments to host BDSM events.
Swingers and Contacts clubs
There are mostly private swingers parties held in Glasgow as swinging culture is not very common in Glasgow. Most of the time women will have a free or relatively low entrance fee as single men need to always pay more then women or couples when entering the party.
- CJ´S Town House Swingers Parties
- CJ's at the Townhouse has all you need for a fun night out with likeminded adults Parties are held in a private house near Glasgow City Centre. There are 4 playrooms one with love swing, separate couples & females only room, dungeon, 2 lounges & smoking area. Party contribution includes tea, coffee, soft drinks and buffet. Guests are welcome to bring there own alcohol. Towels & Condoms are provided. http://www.cjsatthetownhouse.com/
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
There are many good adult shops in Glasgow where one can buy condoms, lubricants, porn movies, sex toys and other kinky things. There use to be many good adult theatres in Glasgow, but today most of these sex cinemas have closed down.
Here is a list of sex shops in Glasgow:
- Silk Secrets, 01415721017. Fax: 01412210959. 308 Argyle Street
- Ann Summers, 01412481218. 145-147 Argyle Street
- Luke & Jack, ex Pillow Talk, 01415525699. 45 Virginia Street
- Stuff, 01412263546. 100 Union Street
- Adult Shop, 01415529774. 247 Gallowgate
- Soho Books, 01415522594. 281 Gallowgate
- Party Times, 01415528300. 212 London Road
- Ann Summers, 08700534089. 102 Braehead Shopping Centre
- Agent Provocateur, 01412212538. 213 Ingram St.
- Ann Summers East Kilbride Store, 08700534056. 27b the plaza
- Ann Summers, 08700534008. 55-57 Sauchiehall Street
Escort Services & Agencies
1. Magic Escorts Scotland - Glasgow - Outcall Escort Service in Glasgow and surrounding areas - +447799097858 There are lots of different kind of escorts online.
There are Hotels and Guesthouses around street prostitution areas like Argyle street or Cadoggan. They are used by the sex worker girls and most are really girl friendly, but just make sure with the receptionist that it is ok to bring company.
Whereas prostitution and other sex work is legal in Scotland, 'soliciting' (i.e. prostitutes soliciting for business in the street), 'kerb crawling' (that is 'punters' driving or walking around obviously looking for sex workers) are both illegal, so avoid driving or walking around obvious red light district. The main trouble spots in the city have historically been the Blythswood Hill and Anderston areas close to the M8 motorway - a busy office district by day, but usually otherwise deserted in the evenings and on weekends. 'Running a brothel' is also illegal, so 'massage parlours' and brothels can be and are 'busted' by the police. If you are in a brothel/'massage parlour' which is raided by the police you may be taken into custody and asked questions you don't want to answer.
Glasgow is like any other big city: it has safe areas and less safe areas, and the basic common sense rules apply. The centre of Glasgow is safe and you should not encounter any problems. All of the city centre and tourist areas are well policed. During the day, the City Centre also has many 'information officers' in red hats and jackets who should be able to assist you if needed. Despite what its local reputation may be, being a Western European city, Glasgow ranks among one of the safest cities in the world. Glasgow does indeed have some very dangerous areas - particularly in some northern and eastern suburbs - where drug related crime for instance is rife, but these are well away from the centre and you would be unlikely to venture into them unless you were making a conscious effort to do so.
Crime in the city centre is usually limited to drunken and rowdy behaviour late in the evenings - hotspots include the southern end of Hope Street next to Central Station, and under the 'Heilanman's Umbrella', the railway bridge over Argyle St adjacent to Central Station; and the western end of Sauchiehall St which have large concentrations of bars and nightclubs. There is usually a heavy police presence anyway in these areas on Friday and Saturday nights to defuse any problems. The West End fares better, but be aware that the back streets off Byres Road and around the University can quickly disorientate a stranger unfamiliar with the area in the hours of darkness.
Although you'll see it being worn everywhere by the locals, if you buy any piece of Celtic or Rangers-related clothing as a souvenir, be wary of wearing it in public as it can lead to confrontation - particularly in the evenings. Most bars and clubs in the centre of the city universally ban all football colours, regardless of team.
- United Kingdom
- Scotland, Edinburgh, Aberdeen
- England, London, Manchester, Liverpool
- Ireland, Dublin
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Shemale,
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS