Glasgow Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Glasgow, Scotland.
Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland, with a population of about 600,000 in the city itself and over 2 million if the surrounding towns of the Clydeside conurbation are taken into account. Located at the west end of Scotland's Central Belt on the banks of the River Clyde, Glasgow's historical importance as Scotland's main industrial centre has been challenged by decades of change and various regeneration efforts. Today the third largest city in the entire United Kingdom by population, it remains one of the nation's key economic centres outside London.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Red Light District
- 3 Prostitutes
- 4 Street Hookers
- 5 Strip Clubs
- 6 Brothels
- 7 Erotic Massage Parlors / Saunas
- 8 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 9 Gay & Lesbian
- 10 Sexual Services for Women
- 11 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 12 Escort Services & Agencies
- 13 Sleeping
- 14 Stay Safe
- 15 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal but a number of related activities, including soliciting in a public place, kerb crawling, owning or managing a brothel, pimping and pandering, are crimes.
It is illegal to buy sex from a person younger than 18, although the age of consent for non-commercial sex is 16.
Red Light District
The main Red-light district area is around Blythswood square and south of that towards Argyle street.
The majority of women involved in Glasgow's prostitution are citizens of this city who find themselves socially excluded and unable to participate in the life of the city.
Glasgow City Council recognises street prostitution as a significant social problem in Glasgow, which affects women, families and communities. As with other social problems the Council has a lead role to play in tackling the causes and the impact of prostitution. The Council is therefore publicly stating its commitment to taking action on this issue, which has blighted the lives of so many Glasgow women for so long. Women are often involved in prostitution because of their need to fund drug use and because they have no other viable or legitimate means of earning the amount of money which they require.
Street workers usually asks from £20 to £50 for short time service.
You can find street walkers in Galasgow from these areas:
- Argyle street
- Cadoggan street
- Around central station
Here is a list of strip clubs in Glasgow:
- Diamond Dolls • 39 Mitchell Street • 01412263490
- Forbidden • 96 Maxwell Street • 0141 221 4657
- Platinum Lace • 24 Drury Street • 01412290714
- Seventh Heaven • 15 Elmbank Gardens • 01412212272
Erotic Massage Parlors / Saunas
Some people think that saunas in Glasgow are not as good as in Edinburgh.
Here are few massage parlors ans saunas in Glasgow:
- The Lane, 60 Robertson Street, Glasgow, G2 8LY. T. 0141 221 1802
- New Blythswood, 41b York Street, Glasgow, G2 8JQ. T. 0141 204 3434
- St Enoch Club, 56 Howard Street, Glasgow, G1 4EE. T. 0141 226 5258
- Venus Sauna, 72 Sandyford Place Lane, Glasgow, G3 7HS. T. 0141 221 8722
- Xanadu, 17 Royal Crescent, Glasgow, G3 7SL. T. 0141 332 2277
Transsexuals / Shemales
The Internet is the best way to meet trannies in Glasgow.
Gay & Lesbian
Here are few Gay Saunas and Bathhouses in Glasgow for men:
- The Pipeworks Glasgow, 5-10 Metropole Lane
- The Lane Sauna, 60 Robertson Street
Here are some Bars, Pubs and Clubs for mixed LGBT customers:
- MILK Glasgow, 17 John Street
- Speakeasy, 10 John Street
- Underground Glasgow, 6a John Street
- Polo Lounge, 84 Wilson Street
- Riding Room, 58 Virginia Street
- The Merchant Pride, 20 Candleriggs
- Delmonicas, 68 Virginia Street
- Court Bar, 69 Hutcheson Street
- AXM Club, 80-90 Glassford Street
Sexual Services for Women
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
Here is a list of sex shops in Glasgow:
- Silk Secrets, 01415721017. Fax: 01412210959. 308 Argyle Street
- Ann Summers, 01412481218. 145-147 Argyle Street
- Luke & Jack, ex Pillow Talk, 01415525699. 45 Virginia Street
- Stuff, 01412263546. 100 Union Street
- Adult Shop, 01415529774. 247 Gallowgate
- Soho Books, 01415522594. 281 Gallowgate
- Party Times, 01415528300. 212 London Road
- Ann Summers, 08700534089. 102 Braehead Shopping Centre
- Agent Provocateur, 01412212538. 213 Ingram St.
- Ann Summers East Kilbride Store, 08700534056. 27b the plaza
- Ann Summers, 08700534008. 55-57 Sauchiehall Street
Escort Services & Agencies
There are lots of different kind of escorts online.
Whereas prostitution and other sex work is legal in Scotland, 'soliciting' (i.e. prostitutes soliciting for business in the street), 'kerb crawling' (that is 'punters' driving or walking around obviously looking for sex workers) are both illegal, so avoid driving or walking around obvious red light district. The main trouble spots in the city have historically been the Blythswood Hill and Anderston areas close to the M8 motorway - a busy office district by day, but usually otherwise deserted in the evenings and on weekends. 'Running a brothel' is also illegal, so 'massage parlours' and brothels can be and are 'busted' by the police. If you are in a brothel/'massage parlour' which is raided by the police you may be taken into custody and asked questions you don't want to answer.
Glasgow is like any other big city: it has safe areas and less safe areas, and the basic common sense rules apply. The centre of Glasgow is safe and you should not encounter any problems. All of the city centre and tourist areas are well policed. During the day, the City Centre also has many 'information officers' in red hats and jackets who should be able to assist you if needed. Despite what its local reputation may be, being a Western European city, Glasgow ranks among one of the safest cities in the world. Glasgow does indeed have some very dangerous areas - particularly in some northern and eastern suburbs - where drug related crime for instance is rife, but these are well away from the centre and you would be unlikely to venture into them unless you were making a conscious effort to do so.
Crime in the city centre is usually limited to drunken and rowdy behaviour late in the evenings - hotspots include the southern end of Hope Street next to Central Station, and under the 'Heilanman's Umbrella', the railway bridge over Argyle St adjacent to Central Station; and the western end of Sauchiehall St which have large concentrations of bars and nightclubs. There is usually a heavy police presence anyway in these areas on Friday and Saturday nights to defuse any problems. The West End fares better, but be aware that the back streets off Byres Road and around the University can quickly disorientate a stranger unfamiliar with the area in the hours of darkness.
Although you'll see it being worn everywhere by the locals, if you buy any piece of Celtic or Rangers-related clothing as a souvenir, be wary of wearing it in public as it can lead to confrontation - particularly in the evenings. Most bars and clubs in the centre of the city universally ban all football colours, regardless of team.
- United Kingdom
- Scotland, Edinburgh, Aberdeen
- England, London, Manchester, Liverpool
- Ireland, Dublin
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Shemale,
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS