Montreal Sex Guide advises where to find sex, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Montreal, Canada.
Montreal  (French: Montréal) the metropolis of the province of Quebec. Quebec City is the political capital but Montreal is the cultural and economic capital of Quebec and the main entry point to the province. The second largest city in Canada, it is a city rich in culture and history and a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America. Montreal is the second-largest French-speaking (as a mother language) city in the world, behind Paris. The population of Montreal is about 1.9 million, with 4 million in the metro area.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Female Escorts
- 3 Red Light Districts
- 4 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 5 Street Hookers
- 6 Adult Locations
- 7 Strip Clubs and Striptease
- 8 Brothels and Sex Clubs
- 9 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 10 Erotic Massage Parlors
- 11 Karaoke and KTVs
- 12 Escort Services and Agencies
- 13 Swinger Clubs
- 14 Sex Shops and Adult Stores
- 15 Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
- 16 Nightclubs and Bars
- 17 Gay and Lesbian
- 18 Gay and Lesbian
- 19 Other Adult Services
- 20 Transsexuals and Shemales
- 21 Sexual Services for Women
- 22 Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
- 23 Stay Safe
- 24 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Montreal has made itself known globally with its budding sex culture. In the most liberal province of Canada, it has often been compared to Amsterdam by more than one objective critic. During the United States prohibition, Montreal became a hub of gangsters looking for a good time. With this surge of tourism, not only did the authorities turn a blind eye, but it became en vogue for women of little means to apply to the various brothels. After the two world wars and the return of the soldiers, the brothels made enough money to pay off the fines and keep a regular clientele satisfied.
Although brothels themselves were shut down sometime in the 50s, street hookers, escorts, and strip clubs have become quite trendy. Today there are over 6000 men and women working in the sex industry, generating an estimated $350 million per year!
Red Light Districts
There is no official red-light district in Montreal, although the definition of the boundaries has varied according to both the source and the time period. According to Viviane Namaste in 1973, it was bordered by René Lévesque Boulevard to the south, Sherbrooke Street to the north, Saint Laurent Boulevard to the west and Saint Denis Street to the east. According to Daniel Proulx, it was defined early in the twentieth century by Sherbrooke Street to the north, Saint-Denis Street to the east, Bleury Street to the west and by Old Montreal to the south. Proulx claims that today, it has shrunk to centre on the corner of Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Laurent, the area's historical heart.
Prostitution, gambling and drinking were more prevalent in this area because of its proximity to the city center, which is often a major tourist attraction, and the high density of liquor shops (taverns, bars, night clubs, cabarets, etc.).
The future of Montreal's red light district may be heading down a new path. Many well-recognized organizations are rallying to legalize prostitution in order for it to be more protected and safe for both the seller and customer. If all goes according to plan, soon we may see Montreal becoming as sexy and liberal as Amsterdam and maybe there would even be a window prostitution area some day.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Prostitutes in Montreal can be found from the streets, massage parlors, clubs and private apartments. Sex prices vary a lot, but usually the cheapest sex can be purchased from the streets.
Street walkers can be found usually down by St. Catherine and St. Laurant intersection area and east of that. Montreal street whores usually charge $50-$200 for hour, depending what time it is and how busy they are. Just be careful with the street girls as sometimes they try to pull scams and many of them have STD´s.
Strip Clubs and Striptease... further results
Mostly along Montreal's major downtown drag, Rue Ste Catherine, you'll see bright signs advertising the cheapest and sexiest dancers at almost every intersection. Drinks at Montreal strip bars are measured (1oz), and can run $7-$12 on average. Lapdance cost average $15-$30 per song and a common scam is for the stripper to lie about the number of dances they performed. In Montreal they don’t ask if you want another dance; the meter just keeps running. To avoid this pre-pay the strippers and save yourself a large bill. Don’t tip them unless you really want to. Cover charge is $10-15$ usually. Club Super Sexe and Le 281 are most popular strip clubs in Montreal. Some of the Montreal gentlemen´s club also offer lunch specials.
Brothels and Sex Clubs
Montreal does not have real brothels like in Frankfurt and every other city in Germany, but it has many massage parlours where you get pussy for $100-$200. There are hundreds of erotic massage ‘brothels’ flourishing in Montreal despite federal anti-prostitution law. Many of the erotic massage salons are open 24/7 and illegally employ women who have sex with men in the massage rooms. Police does usually leave them alone as they mostly go after the pimps and the street prostitutes.
Erotic Massage Parlors... further results
Erotic Massage Parlors
Bright and flashy neon signs that simply read 'massage' have become a fixture in Montreal in the past decade, but while they bill themselves as legitimate businesses, what happens behind closed doors is anything but. Many massage parlours -- not to be mistaken for legitimate therapeutic clinics -- are now brothels, and they have sprouted up in almost every corner of the city. Prices vary from as little as $20 up to hundreds of dollars. Some AMP´s are open 24 hours, and many advertise online.
There are an estimated 350 erotic massage parlours in Montreal that offer illegal prostitution services, according to law enforcement and non-governmental organizations. Up to 70 percent of all prostitution activities that takes place in Montreal is believed to occur within massage parlours.
See Also: Massage Parlor Etiquette
Karaoke and KTVs
There are no KTV´s or karaoke sex clubs in MOntreal.
Escort Services and Agencies
There are a lot of escort agencies in Montreal. Newspaper The Mirror has lots of escort agencies advertising in the back pages. Its distributed freely all over the place downtown. You can also check escort agencies from the internet.
There is an active Swinging community in Montreal. Swingers should check out the one of the best swingers club in the are called L'Orage (7387 St-Hubert Montreal, QC - 514-439-1669) and Kamasutra Club (3580 St Dominique Montreal, QC H2X 2X4 - 514-842-4892).
Sex Shops and Adult Stores
Adult shops are another Montreal novelty, with dozens of peep shows and erotic cinemas at every major section of the city and mostly in the Rue Ste Catherine. Some of them sell erotic DVDs and sex toys while others have a liquor licenses! Many of them are heavily advertised and on busy corners of the street, while others have found their niche hidden off the major routes. In Montreal it's hard to choose because there are so many options!
- Cinéma L'Amour, 4015 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2W 1Y4, Canada, +1 514-849-6227 www.cinemalamour.com/
- Peep show, de la montagne, corner of ste-catherine, Montreal
- Video peep show with two cinemas that show straight movies.
- Peep Show Rue St Hubert, 6999 St Hubert (look for pink neons next to a bar), Montreal
- Some video booths but no doubles. It's best to hang in cinemas. There's no supervision once films are playing.
- Venus Palais, On Sainte Catherine, Montreal
- The best is Cinema 2. No limit no in and out. Cinema costs $7, Individual cabin 1$ per 100 min plus 2 very big cabin. The busiest time is 11am to 2pm after 5pm and night the week
- Video Erotica, 222, rue Sainte-Catherine est, Montreal
- Video arcade with booths. Keep the coins flowing and no one will care what you're doing.
- Peep Show, Ste Catherine E, Montreal
- This is a peep show with 30 booths, large enough for two and there's six cinemas downstairs. Lots of gay orgies happen in the cinemas.
- Village formerly City, 1209 Rue St. Laurent, Montreal
- There are six cinemas, in groups of two. Each pair are behind a revolving gate and you have to feed $6 into the gate to gain entrance.
- Wega Video, 930, Ste-Catherine Est, Montreal
- Video store that has a private theatre and arcade. Pay the fee and wander through.
- Cinema XXXIT, Mount-Royal, Montreal
- Lorgasme formerly Aphrodicentre, 10 837 Pie IX Blvd., Montreal
- $12 per view and you can stay as long as you want they do not bother you.
- Video Show, MontRoyal and Coloniale, Montreal
Love Hotels and Short Time Hotels
You can find plenty of hotels from Montreal that are specially made for couples.
Nightclubs and Bars
Sex workers do not usually hang out at the bars or nightclubs. But it is very easy to find free sex from the local nightclubs.
Gay and Lesbian
Gay and Lesbian
Montreal Gay village is located at St Catherine St East (between St.Hubert and Papineau ). Village is filled with parks, memorials and extremely packed sidewalks, the Gay Village hosts international restaurants of all flavours, trendy clothing stores, cafés, gaudy strip clubs, big saunas and more gay bars and discotheques than Paris. It’s common knowledge that a hardcore partier can start Thursday afternoon and party until Sunday morning, all within the confines of Montreal’s Gay Village. Gay Village is about one mile long, making it the biggest Gayborhood in North America in terms of size.
Gay Night Clubs & Cabarets
Quebec guys are not shy about their bodies, and Montreal has a long tradition of handsome guys entertaining others by stripping down to skin. The larger nightclubs feature between 15 to 40 dancers each night. Dancers begin sets slowly, casually dressed, sometimes in fantasy costumes, to end up at finale, strutting aroused, in full priapic glory. Those who catch your fancy will provide private lap-dances in secluded lounges, for a little extra money.
- Campus (1111 Ste-Catherine E), world-famous Montreal nightclub, muscle-buff guys strip down and show off for men every day 3pm-3am (except Sunday for women), with dimly lit VIP private section for one-to-one attention.
- Le Lux (1681 Ste-Catherine E), old Adonis and JP's location, nude male strippers for men, friendly and casual, multiple dancer erotic shows, guest porn stars.
- Stock (1171 Ste-Catherine E), nude male dancers of all kinds, shower shows, large VIP lounge, two backrooms, open seven nights. Wednesday women's night. See the website for dancer photos and sign-up for live feed of stage performances and "getting personal" sessions, from 8pm local time.
- Taboo (1950 De Maisonneuve E), open nightly, nude male strippers; fresh, lithesome and energetic dancers. New management restored popularity after a rocky patch.
Gay Friendly Bars & Cabets
- Aigle Noir
Other Adult Services
There is an active BDSM and Fetish community in Montreal. Many of the escort girls offer BDSM services and there are actually few really experienced and world known dominatrix escorts working in Montreal. Club Sin is one of the best known BDSM clubs in Montreal.
Transsexuals and Shemales
Montreal shemale escorts usually advertise on the backpage of the free newspapers you can find in every street corner. Also most of the hot ones have add´s online. Occasionally you can find some on St. Catherine street also. TS/TV/TG and CD prostitutes usually charge from $50-$300 depending your looks and negotiation skills. You can also find some non-escort trans-girls from the Montreal Gay Village.
Some of the greatest drag shows in Montreal go down inside the plush and glitzy Cleopatra Cafe. Cleopatra Cafe was renovated in 1999, giving the art of cross-dressing a modernized environment within which to stretch its wings. On the swooping golden stage, in the dark and smoky room, singing in brilliant costumes beneath the bright lights, these famous ladies put on a diverse and moving show.
- Cabaret Cleo (1230 St-Laurent) real-girl strippers at street level, and drag queen shows on the 2nd floor.
- Cabaret Mado (1115 Ste-Catherine E) the campiest drag shows in Montreal, every day.
- Cocktail (1669 Ste-Catherine E) karaoke & lounge bar, amateurs and performers in drag, games.
- Sky (1474 Ste-Catherine E), popular 3-level dance complex, gay/straight, young/old; drag cabaret, pub, roof terrace with Jacuzzi and outdoor pool.
Sexual Services for Women
Male escorts in Montreal usually charge around $100 to $200 per hour.
Sleeping and Girl Friendly Hotels
Most hotels around the red light district are use to the prostitutes and do not mind a lot if you bring a guest to your room. There are also many cheap motels and they are often handy if you just need a room where you can fuck a girl who you just picked up from the street
- Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur, 9 rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1Z5, Canada (Quartier des Spectacles) +1 514-900-1002 - This hotel is surrounded by the sex shops and lots of prostitution activity is around it.
Visitors to Montreal will feel much safer than in other cities in North America. Montreal is a large city so use your common sense as petty crime such as pick pocketing is still always a threat. Don't carry valuables and ensure that you use the safe at your hotel or motel. Take care around rue St Catherine and east of Place des Arts during the nighttime as there are many junkies, hookers and homeless people. Avoid the city parks at nighttime and be vigilant if you are out late at night, especially near the bars and clubs.