Curaçao is an island in the Caribbean, among the group known as the ABC Islands alongside Aruba and Bonaire. This trio is located near Venezuela, and are considered to be outside the Caribbean's so-called "hurricane zone." This means that vacations to the island are rarely disrupted by such tropical storms.
- 1 Sex Scene and Prostitution
- 2 Red Light District
- 3 Prostitutes and Sex Workers
- 4 Street hookers
- 5 Strip clubs
- 6 Brothels
- 7 Erotic massage parlors
- 8 GFE / NonPros
- 9 Transsexuals / Shemales
- 10 Gay & Lesbian
- 11 Sexual Services for Women
- 12 Sex Shops & Adult Stores
- 13 Escort services, agencys, escorts
- 14 Sleeping
- 15 Stay safe
- 16 See Also
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution is legal. A large open-air brothel called "Le Mirage" or "Campo Alegre" operates near the airport since the 1940s. Curaçao monitors, contains and regulates the industry. The government states that the workers in these establishments are thereby given a safe environment and access to medical practitioners.
Curaçao is a destination island for women who come to work in the sex trade from Peru, Brazil, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti, according to local observers. At least 500 foreign women reportedly are in prostitution throughout the five islands of the Antilles.
Red Light District
What they don’t tell you about is the hush-hush Campo Alegre Resort, which is maybe one of the world’s largest brothels. Think Amsterdam and its swinging, legal Red-light district, and you’ll get the picture of this Dutch island’s little secret.
Prostitutes and Sex Workers
Be careful. Although prostitution is legal, it's surrounded with criminal activity. Meeting a girl outside your hotel or bars away from the Willemstad tourist district, in the 'Otrabanda' area or places away from Willemstad should be considered a little bit dangerous.
You can find street walkers in Curacao from following areas:
- Punda in Willemstad.
- North of the Kuranda Hulanda Hotel.
Here is a list of strip clubs in Curacao:
- Club Havana, across the street from Dennys and the Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino. 10+ Chicas. Prices: 125g take out only.
- Lovers Café (Race Café), Corriweg, between Mahaai and Brievengat, Off the Ring Road toward Biescheuvel. Green building, Sign says Dance Club, Race Cafe. 10+ Chicas. Prices: 100g Bar Fee, 165g hour, 200-300g TLN (Todo La Noche = Whole Night).
- Amigos Terrace, From Otrobunda get on ring road toward Salina/Caracasbaai. Get off at Santa Rosa (swing around area of Salina) make a quick right veering onto Santa Rosa Weg, coming from town approx. 3 km on the left, aside the DVD shop. 10+ Chicas, these days mostly Dominicans, live show every 30 minutes, Prices: Bar fee 200g, Chicas 185+g. Closed on Mondays.
- Rota Leon (Playstation), Pass Amigos and stay on Santa Rosa Weg to 2nd major intersection, Cordil gas station on right and a large church beyond the intersection. Turn left go 2-3 miles feels like you are never going to get there. It is on the left with walled parking, late at night it is lit up like a Christmas tree. Drive inside the walled area. Prices: 10g entrance fee, includes 1 drink. Asking 125g in house and 300g take out. 8+ Chicas, mostly Dominicans.
- Chi Ku Cha Club, Porta Rico Weg in the industrial zone of the island. 6+ Chicas. Prices: 80g take out.
- La Flor Copa Cabana, On the main road from the airport past Campo-Alegre and then make a right on Peru Weg across from the Alves Supermarket. Make the first left behind the car wash and the place is directly over the hill.
- Red Lion. (Not sure if it is Open?). 20 min. from the Hilton. Prices: 185g.
- La Tasca, Otrabanda. (It may be Closed?) Hours: till 4-5am.
Here are some brothels in Curacao:
- The famous "Le Mirage" also known as ("Campo Alegre"), near the Airport. It is a giant motel with bar, restaurant, games, internet cafe, 200 rooms, with about 130 Chicas and most are 20-30 years old. They have probably now days also a swimming pool. Prices: 10g, Chicas 50g. Open 24 Hours.
- A few houses North of the Kuranda Hulanda Hotel.
Erotic massage parlors
There are a number of excellent massage parlours within easy walking distance of the port. Some brothels also provide erotic massage and Camp Alegre provides also erotic massage. Blue Bay Beach offers massage on the beach as does the Marriott, but you will most likely not get any erotic massage, unless you are a real playboy.
GFE / NonPros
You can find normal girls or Non-Pros from these places (Non-pro is considered usually as a girl who can give sometimes sex for money, but doesn't do it as a professional):
- Mambo Beach Club, Seaquarium Beach z/n. Good beach area and mostly weekend nights hot spots for nonpros. Tel: (+5999) 461 89 99, 465 30 85. Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 24:00, Fridays 08:30 to 01:00, Saturdays 8:30 to 04:00, Sundays 08:30 to 02:00.
- Wet and Wild Beach Club, Seaquarium Beach and Marina, Bapor Kibra z/n. Tel: 5999.561.2477 / +5999.562.0400. Hours: Monday-Thursday 09:00 - 18:00, Fridays 09:00 - 02:00, Saturdays 09:00 - 04:00, Sundays 09:00 - 02:00.
- Club Xclusive, Schottegatweg oost 144 Saliña. Willemstad. A place mostly for locals. Hours: from 23:00 to ?
- Best Casino Holiday Beach Hotel & Casino, Pater Eeuwensweg, Telephone: +(599 9) - 462 54 00.
Transsexuals / Shemales
Curacao is not the top destination for Shemale hunters. Rumours are that some of the girls at Campo Alegre are transsexual. They won't 'advertise' as Tgirl for transsexualism is not well accepted on Curacao.
Gay & Lesbian
Here are some bars where the guests are completely mixed (LGBT and straights):
- Rainbow Lounge, Piscaderaweg @ Floris Suite Hotel
- Otra Cosa, Kaya A.M Prince 2
- Sjalotte (restaurant), Piscaderaweg @ Floris Suite Hotel
Sexual Services for Women
There is plenty of men or women in Curacao. Some massage parlors also offer erotic services for ladies such as Caribbean Erotic Sedcution http://discretebusiness.wix.com/eroticmaskmassage
Sex Shops & Adult Stores
Condoms are widely available and you can buy lubricants from bigger supermarkets in Curacao.
Escort services, agencys, escorts
You should not have problems bringing hookers to your room because prostitution is legal in Curacao. Just remember to look after your valuables.
Safety is not a big issue on Curaçao. The locals are friendly, welcoming, and willing to give assistance. After all, a major part of their island's income comes from tourists. Just take normal precautions for a tropical island and use common sense.
- Caribbean, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Aruba
- Venezuela, Caracas, Puerto La Cruz (Venezuela)
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS