Thai massage is a type of massage that combines acupressure, assisted yoga postures, and ayurveda. Thai massage is originated in Buddhist monasteries as a form of preventative health care for monks. As the name tells, Thai massage techniques are developed in Thailand.
How Is Thai Massage Different From a Basic Massage? The Techniques
Unlike more common forms of massage that use oil or lotion and are done on an elevated massage table, Thai massage is mostly done on a padded mat or futon on the floor. No lotion or oil is applied, so you can stay fully clothed.
The Thai massage therapist uses his or her hands, knees, legs, and feet to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches and also applies muscle compression, joint mobilization, and acupressure.
- Massage Parlor Etiquette, Asian Massage Parlors, List of girl friendly Hotels
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS