Suriname Sex Guide advises where to find sex, dating, working girls, prostitution, street hookers, brothels, red-light districts, prostitutes, erotic massage parlors, strip clubs and escorts in Suriname, South America.
Suriname is a republic on the northeast coast of South America that was formerly a Dutch colony. It is bordered to the east by French Guiana, in the west by Guyana (formerly British Guiana), in the south by Brazil and in the north by the Atlantic Ocean. At just under 165,000 km², Suriname is the smallest sovereign state in South America. It has 530,000 inhabitants, half of whom live in the capital, Paramaribo.
Sex Scene and Prostitution
Prostitution in Suriname is illegal, but the laws are rarely enforced.
There are 5,000 Dominican and Brazilian women working as prostitutes in Suriname. The commercial sex industry is also benefiting from high gold prices. Gold industry is attractive to both local and foreign women, whose main motivation is the huge amounts that can be earned in a relatively short time. No minors are coming, but the ages vary between 20 and even 45. Many Brazilians, Dominicans, Guyanese and French are coming to ‘work’ in the gold fields, as well as Surinamese women. Prostitutes can earn two grams of gold for twenty minutes and five for an entire evening, and they can sell one gram for SRD 150 in Paramaribo. In a good month, Sex worker can earn at least US$ 2,000.
- Paramaribo - capital of the country and UNESCO World Heritage Site for its colonial buildings, and the only city
- Albina - popular tourist destination in the east
- Brownsweg - gateway to the Brownsberg Nature Park
- Lelydorp - second largest village of Suriname
- Moengo - in former times it was a center for the mining and storage of bauxite
- Nieuw Amsterdam - pretty much a suburb of Paramaribo
- Nieuw Nickerie - largest village of the West Coast with 13,000 inhabitants
- Paranam - another bauxite village
- Wageningen - the rice village of Suriname
Dating in Suriname can be a bit tricky due to cultural differences, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before your trip so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com, for example, lets you meet local members in Suriname and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. Take advantage of features like live chat rooms and member webcams so you know who you are chatting with before arranging a face-to-face meeting. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Gay & Lesbian
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Suriname may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is legal in Suriname, though the age of consent is 2 years higher than for opposite-sex sexual activity.
Escorts in Suriname:
If you are concerned about safety try to avoid venturing at night alone. Try using a bike when possible. When in Paramaribo at night, avoid the Palm Garden as this is a well known crime site where much drug trade is done. The police force is only so large and can only protect you to a certain extent. Therefore, stay where you know police protection is offered. So please, use common sense when venturing outside downtown, which in itself can have problems. Do NOT venture to the bush (binnenland) alone.
The Adult HIV/AIDS prevalence is reaching 2% or 1 in 50 adults, which is 3 times higher than the US and 9 times higher than the Netherlands. Be sure to practice safe sex.
- French Guiana, Guyana & Brazil
- Ages of consent in South America
- Spanish Sex Phrasebook
- Prostitution, Street prostitution, Global prostitution prices
- Sex topics & Phrasebooks, Sex worker, Prostitute types
- Red-light district, List of red-light districts all over the world
- Brothel, Escort agency, Call girl, Erotic massage, Strip club
- Sex tourism, Sex industry, Countries with most prostitutes
- Sex vocabulary & Abbreviations, Humorous sexual terms
- Gay, Lesbian, Gay and lesbian travel, Bisexuality, Ladyboy
- Age of consent, Stay safe, Scams, Safe sex, STD, HIV/AIDS